• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Weathering Magazine form AK Interactive

Thanks Erik. Mines in the mail now, should arrive any day...can't wait!!!

Single issue shipping seems kinda high, but you save on that if you subscribe.

Tom

Well, I ordered mine from AK-USA, and it came from Spain...not sure if that
helps you any though...

Tom

When I went to the LHS they said they had it on order so I asked them to hold a copy for me. Few days later I got a call that it is in. So went the next day to pick it up. When I paid ( had had a bottle of paint and something else0 the price appeared a little high since it says on the cover 8 Euros or $12. When we left I checked the receipt and they charged me a whopping $18.95. I went right back in and got my money back thinking they made a mistake. But when I got home I found a price sticker on the inside of the cover page for $18.95. This LHS lost a few points with me.

Joe

Sorry about the sticker shock Joe. I don't think my HMO covers that :laugh:

But seriously, tell us about the content. How would you rate it?

Thanks,

Bill

I wish it was available in electronic form, but I have heard a lot of good reviews. I will be picking up a copy shortly.

-Steven

I cant imagine this will run for long ? I mean how many mags can you make about weathering ;)

Reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where on the shelf in Apu's shop is " Bic Biro users weekly" :laugh:

Steven, it is available digitally. Just go to the website, theweatheringmagazine.com and you will see a tab at the bottom of the page.

As for how long it will run, considering it's only quarterly there are at least two to three years worth of topics already thought up to cover in each issue. After that techniques and/or topics that have evolved can be re-visited and/or the magazine itself will simply evolve if nit needs to.

Back