• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

THE TROUBLE WITH KARL (or a Trick of the light )

This is a impressive case of Great imagination meets great modelling skills!!
I have no doubt that the result will be outstanding to say the least.

Oh wow Ian your work is super cool. Can't wait to see the next update. :popcorn

(y)

:) Thanks for the posts guys and the encouraging comments. I will spend some time now working out my colors andlighting.
See you again soon.

Ian.

Ian , ..... brother from another mother , .......... I didn't know you were into the " life " ....... very cool !!!

This is a beauty , the colors and paint up should really make this pop !!!

Big Wednesday Baby !!!

Bear20surfboards20sport20surf.jpg

Karl is back - for the moment anyway.

Quote Nov 2011 - ME
'Thanks for the posts guys and the encouraging comments. I will spend some time now working out my colors and lighting.'
Yeah right! :smack
I walked away from the paint job on this to give me time to workout how I would do this - well I still don't know so what the hell, I'm going ahead anyway and i'll make it up as I go :idonno
that's what I usually do.

RECAP - for those who have no idea what this is about and for the rest of us who have forgotten because I have taken so long!
The story

A war has come and gone, and the remains of the violence and destruction still stain the eastern half of the once great Gothic capital. Gaslamps light the streets at night and their flickering, sickly yellow haze try their best to bring some saftey to the darkness that prevails in this end of town. Rumours have it that some evil malevolence has been born under one of the old defence gun's - Battery 17, but the levels of radiation spent in that area to push back the inhibitors to the outskirts, has rendered it a forbidden zone to all but the most hideously deformed. A lone figure has been reported to be living at the gun site, along with what seems to be a kind of living technology, born from the mutating environment and feeding on the machine of war; changing it, reforming it from within to become..............

"That's all that was left in the diary sir. Couldn't make out the rest, it's too damaged. I'll have Jenkins run it down the river to the professor, he will be the only person who can get any more from this carbonized mess."
The Captain replies:"OK, just get back here before dark. You know how the Inhibitors favour the far bank at dusk."

Ok so there you have it, a strange Gothic tale yet to be told. This Nightmarish vision has been looming for a while through the idea of a post apocalyptic dio set on a river bank in a destroyed city.

Build completed stage 1

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

2 grey primer

IMG_0724.jpg

NEW
3 black and midnight blue base - still in progress
The light changed between photo sessions - the true color is the more blue look in photo 1

IMG_1343_zpscdf6edff.jpg

DSC00608_zpse39f2d60.jpg

DSC00609_zpsa2578135.jpg

DSC00613_zps34a37c1b.jpg

BROKENEAGLE

Woohooo :woohoo: Last photo was screen shot from a real movie? right?

:popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

:cheer:
thanks for the interest guys.
Still haven't gone further with this (or anything else at the moment). Work is very busy at the moment and I just haven't got enough time in between to get motivated.
:(

Maybe soon.

Ian

Glad to hear you're busy, hopefully you'll get some bench time soon. Cheers! :drinks

Busy is good. Hope you can find a more balanced medium soon .

Unhealthy to have no bench time :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Back