• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Tigers are coming!!!

Viper_MP

Ok, so after much searching, I was finally able to locate the kit I wanted.

The Dragon 1/72 M4A3E8 Sherman.
Face-It_1.JPG

Which will become....

Face-It_2.jpg

PS- sorry for the "date" part. I dont get the paper, and they dont put the date on their main site. It is a good article though. lol

Thanks guys. Lucky for me, it's not my first time with the Tiger face. I have a very nice Tiger Faced Patton! Terry might remember it from the last show down in KC last fall. It took the best Korean subject award. ;)

Now all I have to do is get the Panther done and off the bench to make room .lol

Ok, so I am horrible at posting progress shots. Luckily, I had it at one of our IPMS club meetings in its WIP stage, and got a couple pics then. Also, Joe [Leopard2] can vouch for me that I have been working on it. lol.

Ok, so a couple of the WIP pics from March 24th.
Face-It_3.JPG

Face-It_4.JPG

And I finally finished the model at 5:30 AM on April 2nd [day of Surgicon 2011 contest]. I also had an M46 Patton that had been mostly built, but not painted. So I went ahead and finished it along with this one.

- Recap -

Dragon 1/72 M4A3E8 Sherman with HVSS - Converted from WWII version to Korea version to represent one of the Tiger Face tanks. Painted with Tamiya Olive Drab mixed with about 20% Buff. The yellow is a mix of Poly Scale D&RGW Yellow mixed with 10% Tamiya flat yellow. The face/stripes are Tamiya flat white, flat red, and Nato Black [with 10% flat black]. All of the face/stripes are hand painted with a 00 brush.

Face-It_5.JPG

Face-It_6.JPG

Face-It_7.JPG

Pegasus 1/72 M46 Patton - kit is boxed as a Tiger Face, however no decals were used. Same colors as the Sherman, however the Olive Drab was cut with 30% Buff. Kit was started at the beginning of 2010, but sat about 50% finished until the start of the Sherman.

Face-It_8.JPG

Face-It_9.JPG

Face-It_10.JPG

Dragon 1/35 M46 Patton. This was finished a couple of years ago. Its all the same as the first two, but a slightly different green mixture, and the Poly Scale yellow is straight from the bottle. This one was featured in the 2009 FineScale Great Scale Modeling and also received the Best Korea Subject Theme Award at the 2010 KC Con.

Face-It_11.JPG

Face-It_12.JPG

Face-It_13.JPG

Face-It_14.JPG

I had a lot of fun with this one, and being that the group build runs a bit longer, I am thinking of doing a couple more. I just like having the nice little family of Tigers.

Oh yeah, the two 1/72 tanks both took Silver at the contest.

Thanks Joe. I noticed a couple of things in the pics that I am going to try to correct before KC. Just little details that I cant actually see in person.

Hey Rob! Sorry I missed this, guess it kind of snuck up on me. Progress pix would have been cool :D Looks great, good luck at KC!! (y)

Good work Rob, looks like you got some practice on that camo scheme! Post a completed picture in our completions summary thread and claim your Group Build Badge...(uh oh...do we have one for Face It yet?)

Hey Rob those are some real cool cats. I'll get a closer look at the show next week.

Terry ;)

They look fantastic! I wasn't expecting anyone to finish so quickly but I noticed your ribbon and found this thread...

Shame on me, I have barely started my own kits in my own GB!

Regards,

Back