• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Empire Strikes Back

Axel Repping

Hi guys,

Been away for some time now.
being busy with work, some time abroad (work), planning a mariage and the list goes on and on.
Sorry for my abcence, but I had other things on my mind. In between I did some modelling, so that didn't come to a complete standstill

Been busy whit this one for over half a year now (basic work started somewhere in october last year).
The scene depicts a Tiger1 from the 2nd SS PzDiv during the third battle of Kharkov, march 1943, taking cover behind a knocked out SU122.
As the wehrmacht got kicked out of this city twice, the Germans thought it was time to have the waffen SS have a go.
They sent "das Reich" and "Totenkopf" in, in which "das Reich" bore the blunt of the battle.
And there you have it:
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Now it's done, fini, af, fertig.
And what a project this was.
Learned incredably much new things and techniques.
I feel like I'm not gonna do such a big project for a while.

Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera is acting up.
Overview:
14051023.jpg

1405103.jpg

1405105.jpg

1405102.jpg

14051026.jpg

14051025.jpg

1405107.jpg

1405108.jpg

1405109.jpg

14051024.jpg

14051010.jpg

14051012.jpg

14051014.jpg

The green on the inside of the left idlerwheel from the SU122 is brown now:oops: :oops: :oops: Just noticed that one
14051016.jpg

14051018.jpg

Fritz is sticking out his neck for a better view
14051028.jpg

14051019.jpg

14051020.jpg

14051021.jpg

14051022.jpg

Shoot please.

Greetz
Axel

Love it, everything! Figures, ground work colors used, effects. NAILED IT!

Only one thing, the dents on the lower front armor, one is rusted the other not, that's fine, great effect. But was that armor not slanted going under the tank? For the impact marks to be round like this that would mean the shell hit is perpendicular to the armor. That would mean the shot would have come from an angle that would be downward, as if the tank was cresting a hill or something. Shouldn't the dent be at a slight angle to reflect the angle the round would have impacted? This may be nick picking or even wrong, I don't know, just something that pooped out at me.

moon puppy wrote:
Love it, everything! Figures, ground work colors used, effects. NAILED IT!

Only one thing, the dents on the lower front armor, one is rusted the other not, that's fine, great effect. But was that armor not slanted going under the tank? For the impact marks to be round like this that would mean the shell hit is perpendicular to the armor. That would mean the shot would have come from an angle that would be downward, as if the tank was cresting a hill or something. Shouldn't the dent be at a slight angle to reflect the angle the round would have impacted? This may be nick picking or even wrong, I don't know, just something that pooped out at me.

Pooped?? :S

Back