• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's StuH 42 and More...

Duke Maddog

Finally, I started on this model for this campaign. This is Dragon's StuH 42 in 1/72 scale, naturally.

Here is the proof of starting shot required for this:

WIP_StuG_GB_I.jpg

I didn't get far this year; only got the wheels, drive sprockets and idlers on the lower hull:

WIP_StuG_GB_iI.jpg

Next year I hope to get a lot more done. Thanks for looking in.

The Duke's StuG 42

Nice start. The Sturmhaubitze was referred to as a StuH, just to clarify. (y)

The Duke's StuH 42

Thanks guys! I got this almost completely built now; almost ready for paint. I'm so used to doing difficult short-run kits that this one was actually hard to do! I was expecting it to be tougher. I think I'll go back to some of those short run kits for some relaxation. LOL! :blink :woohoo:

Stay tuned, pics forthcoming.

The Duke's StuH 42

Happy New Year and welcome to this latest addition of this Campaign showing more progress on the Stuh 42. I got the upper hull all finished up here:

WIP_StuG_GB_III.jpg

Here is the cannon for this beastie:

WIP_StuG_GB_IV.jpg

Next I added the gun mount to the inside of this lower hull. The main gun will snap into this mounting here:

WIP_StuG_GB_V.jpg

This is simply a 'mockup' of all the major assemblies all dry-fit together to give you an idea of how this is looking so far:

WIP_StuG_GB_VI.jpg

This is almost ready for a basecoat.

And that is my New Year's latest model production for this Campaign. More to come soon. I'm trying to get as much done as I can before I start my next job on the 6th of January. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in; comments are welcome.

The Duke's StuH 42

...it is looking very good...very detailed for this small scale! :drinks

LUIZ

The Duke's StuH 42

Thanks guys, these little Dragon kits are very detailed. Sometimes, I feel like Dragon doesn't know when to stop detailing these things!

Should be getting paint on this soon.

The Duke's StuH 42

Duke

I hear you, I put away the dragon 251 1/72 scale cause I found it to detailed for the size. Beautiful work keep going.

James

The Duke's StuH 42

Thanks guys! James, I know what you mean. I almost did the same thing. Can you imagine building nine of those Dragon 251 halftracks at once? I did exactly that about three years ago or so.

I got a little bit more done, hopefully pics will be up later today.

The Duke's StuH 42

Well, I lost the instructions for the StuH 42 so hat is on hold till I find them again. Meanwhile, I found another StuG IV Late version from Dragon to do while I'm searching for those instructions.

Here is the pic showing this new project:

WIP_Steinmans_StuGs_I.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

The Duke's StuH 42

Well, I lost the instructions for the StuH 42 so hat is on hold till I find them again.

Mike took the effort to post the instructions for you.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/dr-steinman-s-stugs/147916-dr-steinman-s-stugs?start=84#177760

You even thanked him so why not give that one the effort?

Back