• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Shipyards launches his latest ship.

Duke Maddog

This is my latest ship, something I picked up for about $5.00 at a local modeler's swap meet. It is the old Hawk 1/600 scale US Coast Guard Cutter. It didn't give a name on the instruction sheet or the box, but the hull number was 31. If anyone has any info on what class or name this little ship had, I'd love to know. My searches came up empty.

This is a very basic kit, pretty toy-like, and sparse in detail. I tried painting it to look as good as possible. However, I ran out of the hull paint and couldn't afford any more, so I re-painted the superstructure in a different color. Then I ran out of that color when I went to paint on the bridge windows, so I used what I thought was closest. It obviously wasn't.

The decals were unusable so I grabbed something from my spares box. They're most likely are the wrong style, but I'm not going to worry about it.

Oh well, I'm calling it done.

Here it is, my Coast Guard Cutter CG31:

USCGC_31_I.JPG

USCGC_31_II.JPG

By the way, I fixed the off-kilter masts already. They sit straight now. She's no award-winner, but she's mine and I'm thrilled to have her in my US Navy.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back