• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Military Buildup Continues...

Very nice Mark I'll be watching for the next one ... I must get to work ... I've laid around & played around this ol town too long ... :soldier (y)

Thanks Terry! That means a lot to me coming from a master like you. I can only hope my Abrams turns out as well.

Okay, this week I made excellent progress on my M1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK II for this campaign. I assembled the tracks, painted them and weathered them:

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_XII.jpg

These looked great on the model:

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_XIII.jpg

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_XIV.jpg

Then, while talking long distance to a friend in Miami, I added all the tiny clear parts to the TUSK kit and the periscopes on the hatches before I started to add everything to the turret. Here's the first of the TUSK kit to be installed along with several other detail pieces:

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_XV.jpg

After finishing the rest of the turret assembly, I added the side skirts to the main hull:

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_XVi.jpg

Finally, I got the whole thing assembled! All that this needs now is a dullcoat and weathering:

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_XVII.jpg

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_XVIII.jpg

All dullcoat and weathering done as shown below.

Now I have successfully completed two models for this campaign, the T-54B MBT:

Russian_T-54B_Tank_i.jpg

Russian_T-54B_Tank_IIi.jpg

Russian_T-54B_Tank_Ii.jpg

and the M1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK II:

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIa.jpg

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIb.jpg

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIc.jpg

I feel that now I have earned my ribbon and I look forward to seeing it added to my collection. Do we have a completion Thread for this campaign yet?

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back