• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Military Buildup Continues...

Duke Maddog

Okay, these are the two Main Battle Tanks I'll be building for this campaign. I don't need a 1/35th scale Leopard so fortunately I don't build well enough to be in consideration. In the event that I do mistakenly do well enough; please take me out of contention.

Okay, My first entry for this campaign is Trumpeter's 1/72 scale T-54B tank:

WIP_T_54_MBT_Campaign_I.jpg

WIP_T_54_MBT_Campaign_II.jpg

That has been languishing for awhile in my "to-do" pile so entering it here in this campaign will get it done and out of my queue.

Next one is a Main Battle Tank I've been wanting to build for awhile. This is Tiger Models 1/72 scale M1A12 Abrams SEP TUSK:

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_I.jpg

WIP_Abrams_MBT_Campaign_II.jpg

Stay tuned as the Factory floor gets tooled up for more MBT fun.

Okay, at this past Hobby Day weekend, I was able to get started on one of the models for this campaign. I pulled out my Trumpeter 1/72 scale T-54B tank. First I added all the roadwheels and other detail parts to the lower hull; and then I glued the tracks together:

WIP_T_54_MBT_Campaign_III.jpg

Next I added all the bits and bobs to the upper hull:

WIP_T_54_MBT_Campaign_IV.jpg

Finally, I finished up with assembling the turret:

WIP_T_54_MBT_Campaign_V.jpg

Now, after 25 minutes of assembly, this tank is ready for paint:

WIP_T_54_MBT_Campaign_VI.jpg

I should be able to shoot something on this during this week.

That's all I have for now. Hopefully I'll be able to get more done this week, but it's going to be a busy one so I don't know how much I'll be able to get done. Stay tuned for more.

Thanks Guys! I'm hoping to get more done this week.

Engineer, yeah I am. :blush: That's why the name of my WIP Thread on other Forums is "Maddog Manufacturing". LOL! :good: :D

Oh yes. I usually just build several projects up to the painting stage and then shoot paint in an assembly line fashion when I have six to eight models that need it. Most of my work takes so little time to paint that I wait till I get a lot to paint; then the work I do is worth the time I have to clean the airbrush.

Give me another week or so. I should be shooting paint on six to eight more projects.

The molding is sharp and clean with no flash. I haven't started it yet as I've had so many other projects going; but I do plan on getting to it today. Most people have knocked this for the way they set up the roadwheel and suspension assembly, but when you see how this goes together; you'll see none of it. The wheels are well molded and all you'll see is them so I don't know what the big deal was about. I plan on building it OOB so you'll be able to see what I mean.

Stay tuned, hopefully I'll have something to post here on Monday or Tuesday.

Back