• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Guns...

Duke Maddog

Finally, I am able to get this group Build started.

Here is my proof of entry:

Guns_GB_Ia.JPG

Inside the box:

Guns_GB_Ib.JPG

And if I get done with that in time, I figure I'll get started on this one:

GunsGB_II.JPG

Here is my first progress on this Group Build. I only got the railcars started so far:

WIP_Morser_Karl_Rail_I.JPG

Okay, stay tuned for more....

Thanks for the great comments guys! Now for my latest progress. I didn't get much done, but so far I managed to get the railcars themselves done. Now to build the attachments that hold the Karl:

WIPMorserKarlRailII.jpg

Hopefully I'll have some more progress to show later. Thanks all for looking in.

And finally, after five weeks, here's some pics of the Morser Karl on Railcars I've been building for this group Build. I managed to get the main hull finished first:

WIP_Morser_Karl_Rail_IV.JPG

Later on, I assembled the mortar itself:

WIP_Morser_Karl_Rail_V.JPG

Later still, I finished off the whole gun. Here she is all finished:

WIP_Morser_Karl_Rail_VI.JPG

Afterward, I tried to put it on the railcars. In the process, I lost six of the eight little pins I was supposed to use to hold this thing up. So, I pulled out a plastic rod about the same diameter as the remaining pins and promptly made some new ones. I cut them a little longer than the existing pins, flared the ends with a hot knife and (I made several extra!) and then fought this thing onto it's railcars. You'll note that I had to take off the folded up side platforms to do this:

WIP_Morser_Karl_Rail_VII.JPG

I actually think this looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself! Now to get it painted. I'll be painting it a three-tone pattern given in the instructions. (God! I'm such a glutton for punishment!)

I also noticed there's a gap in my progress pics from the last post to this one. I'd better get a handle on posting here more often. Sorry about that guys.

Meanwhile, comments are welcome, thanks for looking in.

Thanks guys! It feels very good actually getting some progress done.

MP, I'm hoping to do that today, along with several other models that need paint.

Not much more done, but at least it's some progress:

It looks okay in these pics, but I was able to see where I need to shoot more paint on this before I camouflage it:

WIP_Morser_Karl_Rail_VIII.JPG

Hope to get more done on this soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks MP! Here's some more....

Okay, my Morser Karl on railcars is now all camouflaged up. Now all I have to do is paint some of the details and then add the decals and weather it:

WIP_Morser_Karl_Rail_XIV.JPG

I feel like this one is finally approaching the finish mine. I can't wait! It'll be great having another rail subject done!

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back