• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke on the Tracks!

Yes Gerry, more is coming. I have about 5 flatcars coming in to supplement this and one other armored train I'm doing. Hopefully they come in soon.

Yes Gerry, more is coming. I have about 5 flatcars coming in to supplement this and one other armored train I'm doing. Hopefully they come in soon.

Thanks Mark you know How I like trains ..... good thing there not G scale ..... Or your bench would be full .... :eek:ldguy

As promised, here's my latest progress.

I assembled the two rail cars for the Russian Armored Train:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_VII.jpg

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_VI.jpg

I also attached the engine and tender to each other and then completed all the turrets (sans guns on the smaller ones to keep from breaking off the guns). Here's the whole train all together so far. I didn't have enough rail to pose this whole train so it is sitting on the table:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_X.jpg

Okay, that completes my latest progress so far. Hopefully I can get even further later in the week. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome!
Wish I had something similar this looks like fun :popcorn

Thanks Mark you know How I like trains ..... good thing there not G scale ..... Or your bench would be full .... :eek:ldguy

Dude, my bench is already full! :blink :gogo

Thanks Luiz!

Thanks Dave! It is pretty fun, but the fit is tough and the photo etch parts will be a real hassle. I do enjoy doing these trains though. I recommend giving one a try at least.

Can I get this moved to Second Chance Redux? I have more to post here. I haven't given up on this train.

Thanks! Now I can keep going...

Here is the latest progress I made on my Russian armored train. I got the main engine finished with all the main parts on it:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XI.jpg

This engine is now ready for all the Photo-etch that goes on it. You can see how happy he is to be getting the Photo-etch soon:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XII.jpg

Here's a shot of the rest of the train all ready for the photo etch:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XIII.jpg

I'm hoping to get the Photo-etch on next week. Until then, stay tuned, more to come.

Thanks Gerry, for covering everyone while I've beeenn gone for a day... :D (y)

I should be getting the flatcars today. I can't wait to get started on them for this.

Thanks Sharkman! LOL! NO, it wasn't; I just wanted to have a little fun. Now I almost feel bad that it will be all covered up with a P/E plate.

Stay tuned; I may have more to show on Monday or Tuesday.

Your welcome Mark ... I was wondering about the face as I have had trouble with the permanent marker bleeding through the paint ... :ro: :dude

That looks pretty cool Mark. Looks like the engine is quite a bit of work. Will be interesting to see the PE on. Stay Happy :D
James

Back