• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke on the Tracks!

Duke Maddog

Okay, starting fresh. The other train is no longer a part of this Campaign since it was not properly started. I would have deleted the whole thread but there's no provision for me to do that.

Okay, now I'll start on the Russian Armored Train "Fascism Fighter".

Here's the pics for this one done up properly:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_I.jpg

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_II.jpg

Nothing was done yet on this one. Hopefully next week or so I'll be able to get something done on it.

Stay tuned for more....

Okay, here is a small update from me for today. I'm also experimenting here with a Gallery on another site since the LEM went down again.

I started out by doing the wheels and axles for the engine and tender. As you can see here, the axles that are provided in the kit are crap as they break when you look at them wrong! So, I got a piece of styrene rod about the same diameter and cut it to size to make my own axles:

WIP_On_RR_Tracks_GB_I.jpg

Next I had to enlarge the slots where the wheels stick out on the bottom of the engine and tender. You can see the ones I enlarged already compared to the original size:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_III.jpg

As I continued to build the wheels and axles for the rest of the tender, I happened to notice something. What's wrong with this picture?

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_IV.jpg

The bottom left wheel was molded without the rim! Oh well, it will barely be seen underneath this train once everything is assembled. You can see that in this next pic where I finally got the engine and tender mostly assembled with the basic assembly:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_V.jpg

That's all for now, stay tuned for more. Until then, comments are welcome, thanks all for looking in!

They even armored the underside? :popcorn

Either that or the model company didn't want to add any more to this to increase the complexity. I guess they figured it wouldn't be seen anyway, given how low this sits to the ground. Then again, it just may be armored on the underside to avoid damage from mines.

Thanks for the comments guys. Stay tuned for more...

They even armored the underside? :popcorn

Either that or the model company didn't want to add any more to this to increase the complexity. I guess they figured it wouldn't be seen anyway, given how low this sits to the ground. Then again, it just may be armored on the underside to avoid damage from mines.

Thanks for the comments guys. Stay tuned for more...

Yeah at 70 MPH a track mine Could ruin your Day ..... :eek:ldguy

As promised, here's my latest progress.

I assembled the two rail cars for the Russian Armored Train:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_VII.jpg

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_VI.jpg

I also attached the engine and tender to each other and then completed all the turrets (sans guns on the smaller ones to keep from breaking off the guns). Here's the whole train all together so far. I didn't have enough rail to pose this whole train so it is sitting on the table:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_X.jpg

Okay, that completes my latest progress so far. Hopefully I can get even further later in the week. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome!

Thanks guys! There are two more flatbed cars that need to go with this before it is truly done. I'm just waiting for them to come in.

Back