• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes Two Aircraft in September

Duke Maddog

After my return from my vacation, I was able to get a couple aircraft completed. This first one is the HobbyCraft 1/72 scale Canadian Otter:

full

full

full

This second one is a model I purchased at the San Diego Model Expo back in June. It is the Special Hobby 1/72 scale JRS-1 Flying Boat. This one is done in the scheme of the aircraft that went out looking for the Japanese Fleet after the Pearl Harbor attack:

full

full

full

There's one more I completed that you can find in the Automotive section. Thank you for looking in and comments are welcome.

In case no one has mentioned it in a while, I can see how greatly you have improved over the years. I especially like the JRS-1.

Thank you guys for the awesome compliments!

Saul, thank you! Lots of practice and judging at model contests has helped tremendously yet I still have a long way to go. I am very pleased with how that JRS-1 turned out.

Dave and Gary, thank you! I'm so happy these are done!

Chris, you are so right; it was very challenging! Still, it was a joy to build and didn't fight me as much as I expected. Thank you so much for the excellent compliment!

Thank you Paul! I'm thinking the JRS-1 is one of my better builds to date.

Thank you Mike! Yes, I enjoy building aircraft too, and even ships and boats. You can see some of my latest boats in the Navy section. Feel free to check out my 1929 Coke Delivery Van as well.

Man, you've been busy! These are two airplanes I may have passed over on the isle but would have been sorry for it after seeing yours. What cool looking airplanes!! I like the Canadian one a lot, and the story about the plane looking for the fleet after Pearl gets to my heart. I would build that! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Back