• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes Another One.

Duke Maddog

And the Duke finishes another one!

Back in May a friend and I were manning the IPMS booth at the Chino Air Show. Further down the flightline was sitting a Piasecki H-21 Flying Banana that we both thought was an unflyable static display. Well, as we were packing up after the airshow, we heard an interesting sound and looked up to see the Piasecki sitting on the taxiway firing up it's engines. We stopped what we were doing and watched as it fired up, taxi'd out and did a rolling takeoff. What a sight!

As soon as I got home I dug through my stash to find this Hobbycraft kit and got started.

Now, a couple weeks later, here it is all completed:

US_Army_Piasecki_H_21_I.JPG

US_Army_Piasecki_H_21_IIJPG.jpg

I added the extra large insignia and "army" on the side from my spare decals to make it look more like the one that was at the airshow. Other than that, it's built OOB. I hand painted the canopy rails too.

Thanks all for looking in. I have more projects under construction in the Armored area. Feel free to go check them out.

Comments are always welcome.

Thanks Martin. I appreciate it. I'm happy with it, and it felt good to make a fellow IPMS member happy to see it. He'd trained on those birds in his youth.

Back