• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes Another One.

Duke Maddog

Check it out: my pilots are pre-flighted and ready to take off:

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_I.JPG

So come on everyone; check in with Pasha Alekseyev and climb aboard for a ride to the Factory where you can check out my latest helicopter:

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_II.JPG

Watch your step as you disembark...

Now that we've arrived, Pasha will happily show you around my Zvezda 1/72 scale Russian Mi-26 Halo. He'll let you know that this is the largest helicopter in service today. She's built OOB and painted with Testor's Model Master paints. A wash was done on select locations with Windsor & Newton Oils Burnt Umber thinned with Mona Lisa thinner:

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_III.JPG

Pasha is still standing by in case anyone has any other questions about this Big Bird:

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_IV.JPG

There it is; another of the large projects that slowed me down last year is finally done. I hope you enjoyed the ride. I sure did enjoy the trip I took to complete this thing!

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Nice job Duke! It looks great!

Must be quite the chopper in real life. What did I read it can lift? something like 20,000 lbs???

That's crazy!

Thanks Sharkman! Yeah, she is quite the beast in real life. I believe you are right about what she can lift. That is one of the reasons she was used to help quench the runaway nuclear reactor at Chernobyl; it was the only one capable of lifting sufficient water, and later cement, to stop the fire and seal it away. Otherwise that disaster would have been even more disastrous.

I'm thrilled to have this in my collection.

Back