• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes a 1/72 Scale Saturn V

Duke Maddog

Well, you've seen all the work for this on the "What's on the Bench" Thread, here's the completed pics of this 1/72 scale Saturn V model.

These first pics were taken without a flash. I also posed this model in front of my bathroom door after throwing a sheet over it. It was the only place I had to put it for pics. This first one shows the 'solid' side of the rocket:

Saturn_V_Rocket_II.jpg

Here it is turned around so you can see the LEM inside:

Saturn_V_Rocket_I.jpg

These next two pics were taken with a flash and I think they turned out better. If you look closely enough, you'll see a small 1/72 scale civilian car on the base of this model for size reference. It's a black car; I know, poor choice of model for a decent picture. Here's the 'solid' side:

Saturn_V_Rocket_III.jpg

You can see I also exposed the doorknob so you could get an idea of how tall this 1/72 scale model is.

Now for the 'windowed' side:

Saturn_V_Rocket_IV.jpg

Okay, there it is, my second Magnum Opus!

Thanks for all the helpful hints, suggestions and tips on this. I couldn't have done it without you guys. Your compliments also kept me motivated to keep going on this.

Thanks again and comments are welcome.

I was going to ask how big is it then I saw the door knob. Enough said it's big!

Looks great!

Terry (y)

Thanks for the really great replies guys!

Yes Terry, it is big! It comes about to my chin when standing on the floor like this.

Jeff I have always wanted a Saturn V too, ever since watching the Apollo missions. I always wanted it in 1/72 scale and kept waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Finally when I had about given up and was looking for the Revel 1/96 scale rocket, Dragon announced this Monster. So I saved my money and got this one. I'm so glad it is finally finished.

Thanks again guys! Your comments keep me going.

Looks great mark!

Can you take a close up of the LEM?

Thanks! I did a close up in my Manufacturing Thread here. This is the shot of the completed LEM inside the upper Stage III:

WIP_Saturn_V_Rocket_XXXIII.jpg

If you're wanting something closer, I have this. This is the completed LEM before it was placed in the rocket:

WIP_Saturn_V_Rocket_LEM_XXh.jpg

Thanks Chuck! That means a lot to me coming from a Master like you.

Wow, I bet it's hard to find a self for that one . Impressive :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Not really, it sits in a quite small shelf actually. It just has to be low enough to keep it from hitting the ceiling, and there should be no other shelves above it. (y) B)

Thanks for looking in Christian; I may just find a nice clear corner and set it up on the floor there for display.

Thanks James! I appreciate you stopping in.

Good job,well done Mark! Have considered getting one of these for the same reasons as you guys just stated. Had all the kits in the way back times, but really have to watch the acquisitions these days.

Back