• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The calm before the storm........or Pete's well.

Evening all.
Well its been a while since I have been online. The back is 90% now but the kids are taking up more and more time. Still, thats why we love them.
Anyway, this is my entery for this build. It will be a Panther G steel wheel with some Warriors and Verlinden figures.
I will be doing 221 from Pz.Rgt 1 "LAH" at rest just before the kick off Wacht am Rhein.
This means that I really hope that the well we have here is not just limited to Normandy.

The Panther build will also double as my entry into our Wheels and Tracks comp here next March.
The only thing is that it must be OOB, so OOB it will be.
I may add a 251 if I am feeling adventurous.
So here is my date stamp shot. (it was taken back in September).

P1030292.jpg

P1030291.jpg

Pete

Yeah Pete, bring it on!

*Even though the Panther has never been a favorite of mineLOL

I'll be watching this one.

:D

Good to see you up and about again, Pete. How's the back? We should catch up some time :)

I think W&T and Expo 2011 could see quite a few MP wells :laugh:

Thanks gents, bringing it on as requested.

I'll start with the panther so once it is done I can get the dio size and composition sorted.
First steps are the standard wheels and suspension arms. It always amazes me that we choose to model the one subject with the most of what we hate....wheels and tracks.

P1030313.jpg

P1030314.jpg

P1030315.jpg

So far everythings going like a dream.

Pete

:) Looking good Peter :)

I really love the smart panther but yeah the working torsion bars and wheels are a bit trying ! :D ,

Looks like you is a man with a plan (y)

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks Jenny. Cant really complain about to much with this kit, everything is spot on. (y)
I did however fall into the one trap that I was looking out for..... I put the cooling fans on the wrong way around. Even after reading Terry's review, I still got them wrong. :pinch: A bit of prying and off they came.
They are higher one end than the other, so if they are on the wrong way the rear panel will not sit right.
Anyway, thats the only issue so far.
More shots.

P1030316.jpg

P1030318.jpg

Next up I have started adding details to the upper hull, including the engine hatch.

P1030319.jpg

P1030320.jpg

P1030321.jpg

P1030324.jpg

More soon (I am loving this kit)

Pete

B) Welcome back Pete and a nice panther to boot. Thanks for the heads up on the Panther fans.;)

Also from your earlier post - I don't think it matters where the well is from as long as you use it. Wells all over Europe have similar designs, as shown by Michael with his picture of the Belgium wells.

Good to see you back in the saddle.

Ian.

Back