• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

THAT PANZER IV...JUST FINISHED!...

Re: ...THAT PANZER IV...DUNKELGELB (Feb./16th)

Thanks Bob,Sherman,Dusan,Terry,Andy and Gatto...for the support! :drinks

Luiz.

Re: ...THAT PANZER IV...DUNKELGELB (Feb./16th)

Dear.

I am not too sure about the colors of camouflage (tritonal) that I just did ... I thought they were very clear ... that way I aimed two goals:

...first,the scale effect,and

... second, that after applying the filters the color will be darker ...

I'm not too sure if this will give favorable results ...

I would love that ... you saw the pictures and give their opinions...it will help me so much...

...first the colors that I used to the camo job...

...the brown shade...

....the green one...

...the green applied...

...and the brown...

...thanks for watching...sujestions will be welcome :soldier

:drinks

Luiz.

Re: THAT PANZER IV...TRITONAL and a HELP!!!!

To me the green is too lite and washed out. I wonder if you will lose it when you do a wash. The brown also looks lite and washed out, but looks better. Not much help I know, but that is what I am seeing on my monitor. I have some of that paint but havent used it yet. Maybe Iron Mike could give a thought as I know he has used it.
James

Thanks,James...I agree with you about the green...it is too light....it can disapear,after the filters application....I will try to correct it....

Thanks for your sujestion

:drinks

Luiz

Luiz, I'm agree with you and James about green. And I have no idea what happens with brown after you apply filters. At my monitor brown looks good.

The little cards where you have the colors tested. I'm assuming you have applied the filters as a test of what the color will look like once filter is applied?

Perhaps you can do the same with one of the armor plates, apply the filter and see how the camo behaves before applying to the entire model?

Dear Bob.

...yes it will be a good idea to test the filters on the sample cards (y) ...I didn´t test yet!

Thanks a lot Bob :mpup

Luiz.

I have found that all the colors need to be very vibrant before filter application. Otherwise you end up with a muddy mess. IMO as the tank stands now, the colors are way to close in tonal quality to stand up to filtering. Unfortunately I think you need to lighten up the dark yellow some, then increase the chroma of the camouflage colors.

:snoopy

Thanks John...very important your aproach... ;)

Best!

Luiz.

I don't know, the green looked ok to me. but your right, it may get washed out with the weathering.

looking great no matter what though... :v

Thanks CB1,for watching and commenting my thread... ;)

Best!

Luiz.

I have found that all the colors need to be very vibrant before filter application. Otherwise you end up with a muddy mess. IMO as the tank stands now, the colors are way to close in tonal quality to stand up to filtering. Unfortunately I think you need to lighten up the dark yellow some, then increase the chroma of the camouflage colors.

:snoopy

So what would you add to these base colors to make them more vibrant? :popcorn

Dear Bob.

I imagine them to darken... (the green and the brown) ... what you think? ...

Regards.........Luiz.

To my eye, the green could be bolder, yellow and brown look good. The colors always look stark right out of the paint booth, filters tone them down. As Dr John said, if they aren't and are too much the same, it just blends everything.
I'd suggest darkening the green and see how you feel about it. Fading the colors with buff and grey filters have worked best for me. (y) :drinks

Thanks Mike...I think that is a great idea...soon I will correct this painting squeme...today is very hot here :vmad impossible to work at this night :(

Best regards :drinks

Luiz

Hello Luiz,

About Vallejo and similar paints, I tried and I tried but I do not fit with Vallejo/AK paint colors for freehand cammo like Gunze or Tamiya. Vallejo and AK are very good but are not exactly ideal for the transition between colors soft edge or so, or I can not achieve it as I can with Gunze, Tamiya and even with enamel Humbrol (my favorite enamel) paints IMO. I use them for brush and one color paint job.
Hot temperature just can spoil a thing more for me :)

I have to repeat myself this is a beautiful kit Luiz! :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Dear Dusan.

Thanks for expressing opinions ... I also feel myself
safer painting with enamel paints from Humbrol and Tamiya acrylics ... with other acrylics dilution is a critical factor :hmmm

Best!

Luiz.

Luiz, no metter waht the job is fantastic.
Maybe a ajust in green, and the rest looks good for me. But I'm not a expert in armour building. I'm doing more airplanes since I'd return to the hobby. But one day I'll run on dust to!

Quanto as tintas acho que uma escurecida no verde, é o necessário. As outras cores estão corretas, acho que ao fazer o wash e o weathering as cores receberam uma leve homogeinizada...

Essa minha humilde opinião.

Abraços e na expectativa. :popcorn

Art

Dear Art.

Thanks for your comment...very useful...I´ll do this of course!

A strong hug!

Luiz

Back