• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tenax7

I've been wondering what the main ingredient in Ambroid was, I assumed it was Methyl Ethyl Ketone.

I'll definitely have to check out the Weld On.

Has anyone used "The Same Stuff" ? That tool/hobby catalog carries it... I know... not very specific... I got some, but found it to be far inferior to Tenax7. BTW I bought the last bottle at my LHS and he said there would be no more... but I have heard that before...

Only stuff i've used is what Saul posted earlier. My 4 Bottles Tenax and two touch'n flows showed up. :dance

I just use MEK straight from the paint aisle at lowes. The last quart can cost me about $7.00 and it's still 90% full. All I do is transfer some from the can to an old glass Testor Liquid bottle. I use and old detail brush to apply it and it been working great for me.

I mentioned that once and was told I was crazy for trying. How are you applying it?

I had forgotten how hot a fresh bottle is, Wow! :good:

MEK is really nasty stuff. Make sure the place is very well ventilated. Have used it at work and had a couple of unpleasant experiences.
James

Thats part of the reason why I havent tried it yet, I'd heard its pretty potent. My modeling area is in the 2nd bedroom of our apartment, so while not a closet, its not open like working in a large shop or garage.

Oh yeah it's potent. That's why I use the glass bottle, with a screw cap. I rarely leave the cap off when using the stuff. I open the bottle dip my brush and at least lay the cap back on the bottle, till I need to dip again. It will evaporate quickly, so it is best to keep it covered as much as possible.

Bob I use an old paint brush. But I'd say a Touch And Flow would work quite well with it. And yes VENTALATION is strongly advised.

I use a plastic weld similar Weld On 3. I have it at work so I just fill up my bottle when it's low. :blush:

BTW, I did get an answer from Eric Lepley, President/C.E.O. HEBCO.

Basically what he said was he's been filling orders for the last 2 years and if you can't find it, you're not looking in the right places. Tell your LHS to hit Stevens International or Walthers to get stocked up.

I'm through a half a bottle now...(y)

Back