• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Technical" help please

Gene

This is for a friend who has no internet. back in the day, middle easterners, had homebuilt technical vehicles with AA guns in the beds of pick ups. Were thier ever any with turrets?
TIA!!!

All I've ever seen for technicals are small weapons. AA, and lately a rocket launcher. Tried googling technicals and no bites there either. My best guess is no.
James

The idea of a technical is fast, cheap, and easy to make with no skills. So I have yet to see any in the Middle East.

Gun trucks are another matter! Yet, I have only seen one with a turret and that is because of the source used for the fighting compartment. It is from the Chechen war:

Click image to see a nice build of this truck.

Regards,

I'm sure some have tried, but its doubtful because of the hydraulics involved to move the turrent. But who cares? Put one on anyway!

Back