• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's 48 Do 335 A

Paulw

This is what else I have been doing along with the 109. It has way less parts and I have yet to have a glitch in assembly.

I have a bit more finished but not much, I will tell you though that I am considering making it a Reno Racer whiffer. and buy another for my Luftwaffe play.

sarcastic_hand.gif
lol

I did a bit more on the 335 today after the honey dos. Got the fuse buttoned up bomb bay installed and the flying surfaces stuck on. Tomorrow I'll do some on the G-10.

The Tamiya 335's are great kits, I've done a couple and they go together really nice. Look's like you are going great guns on yours, looking forward to more !

Downsizing I see, better watch it or your eyes will go all buggy dealing with all those minuscule parts in such a small scale :geek .
Lookin purdy darned purdy dude :drinks

Okee Dokie. While getting ready to mask the canopy and wind screen on the 109 G-10 I found out that they were a total of 1/4 in too small in width, length and shape. If I tried to adjust any of it by spreading it they would snap. I was so angry that the 109 got up and flew out the door and into the big green wonder.

What now? well I looked around for something to get going on then I remembered this kit. I didn't have any of the colors that Tamiya was telling me to mix or any thing that resembles the drawing on the box. I just puttered around with different colors then I remembered I had some RLM 70 around the place but I had to ask what color I used to go with it. 70/71 over 65. OK, Sounds good. 20 minutes later I found an unopened jar of RLM 71, cool. so I laid down the 70 as the base coat and then I remembered why I hardly do a splinter scheme.

There ain't enough tape in the world for me to get that scheme correct so I got close and even though I didn't finish the job, coming back to it later, because it was time for supper I think it came out OK. I hope it will be acceptable in a couple of days.

Ta da...

OK, I know it isn't done but this is farther than I have gotten with any build in months.

I really enjoyed building this kit and its one of the highlights in my collection. You've done a fantastic job here! Keep up the good work!

Mike

Back