• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's 1/35 Stug III Ausf B

G Cooper

Heres what I'm gonna try to put together all in one piece out of many.
002-15.jpg

Here's what I did to fix the shocks that Tamiya gives you that are to short.
001-19.jpg

And here's what I did to get the strenghtening tubes that are between the inner and outer roadwheels on all Pz III hulls.
002-17.jpg

here's the roadwheel fix times twelve.
003-14.jpg

And here they are installed with the Friul tracks.
002-18.jpg

Then I turn from the outer, to the inner. As in the gun that's inside this little beastie. With just a little bit of this and that to make it a bit more accurate and busy looking.
003-17.jpg

I see that I have just a little bit of a seam to fix on that breach :eek:hmy:
004-15.jpg

019.jpg

012-2.jpg

And to go with the upgraded gun, I did a little bit of basic interior so there is something to see through the open hatches I will have.
005-16.jpg

006-11.jpg

007-8.jpg

008-10.jpg

010-4.jpg

Next thing to go after is that back engine firewall. That grenade rack just doesn't look good enough to me seeing as it is right underneath both of those great big hatches, that will both be wide open :woohoo:

Gary B)

Hi Gary

Nice progress on your Stug and the interior looks good.

Good detailing on the road wheels. Don't forget to drill out the holes again as they were hollow tubes.

Just wondering if the sprocket on your Stug III is from a Pz IV?

Laz

Gary,

This project is looking really good! I love all your metal work. There is just something about making model better. Keep up the good work.

Terry B)

Hey Gary,

Awesome job, buddy! (y)

You're work on this kit is proving great inpriration for my own (planned) build, and I honestly can't wait to start. The Eduard PE has been ordered, the Friuls ( ;) ) are about to be ordered, and my Christmas leave is around the corner :) :) :)

Keep up the great SBS! :ro:

Rudi :woohoo:

Impressive work! you seem to go deep correcting this one, i never thought a brand new Tamiya kit needs so much upgrading, i will save in my hard disk these fotos for future reference, keep up your good work!Teo

Back