• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Willys MB Jeep

wds

A friend of mine has been restoring one of these (full scale) for several years. (I thought he would be done by now.) I have been wanting to build this kit and give it to him as a gift for several years. (I thought that I would have done so by now.) His birthday is coming up, so I thought I would knock this out and maybe get a ribbon in the process.

Jeep_GB_1.jpg

Jeep_GB_2.jpg

Reference picture 1: Jeep on the beach. Surprise! I guess there were a few (hundred).
Normandy_Jeep_edit.jpg

Reference picture 2: And if you enlarge it ,you still can’t make out the subtle details.:laugh:

Normandy_Jeep_2_edit.jpg

Jeep_GB_4.jpg

Jeep_GB_5.jpg

Ready for some paint.
Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks T.

I think it can do 60 in high range, and 30 in low.:laugh:
Seriously, It was a rainy weekend here, and when my wife looked at what I was starting and said "Cool", I knew I was free to build. It's pretty simple, just like the real thing.

Cheers,

Bill

Yeah it's a nice kit. I built one a couple of years ago. It's a lot easier to build than the one I'm working on thats all resin. :gogo

Terry B)

Nice Bill, I think I got started on one for the Well and dropped that idea. Fast work, more time to paint... :mpup

Six months! Where? I said where did the time go? ...I think we all ... know.

Some progress. Paint (Tamiya olive green XF-58, and Deck tan XF-55) and decals (archer set for the dashboard).
Next, khaki up the seats and do some final assembly. etc.

Later,

Bill

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

Back