• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Paints?

Leopard2

Does anyone known when or if Tamiya will start distributing their paints and thinners again? Last thing I heard was that is was scheduled for early to mid-August but I haven't seen anything yet.

Joe

Joe the thinners is easy mate nip over to CVS Walgreens etc and get a bottle of 90% Isopropyl (sp?) Alcohol its basically the same stuff

JOE,

Now's th time ....... Convert to Vallejo !! The Two LHS' in My area have recently picked up th line. One has the Mega 6' Vallejo Model Color rack & the other LHS has the Model Air & Panzer Aces line !! A Great Day !!

It's not too late ...... Jump in .... th Water's great !

:drinks

Joe the thinners is easy mate nip over to CVS Walgreens etc and get a bottle of 90% Isopropyl (sp?) Alcohol its basically the same stuff
This question has been batted about several times. 90% isopropyl alcohol is basically the same as WHAT? The X-20A thinner or the Tamiya lacquer thinner? I can shoot finer lines without spatters with the lacquer thinner, but the X-20A is fine for general painting. Anybody have the real answer? :idonno

I am already using 91% Iso-Alcohol as thinner. My main concern are the paints especially the rattle cans and the Tamiya primer. Right now I am using Floquil Primer as a substitute but IMHO Tamiya primer is still the best.

I am already using 91% Iso-Alcohol as thinner. My main concern are the paints especially the rattle cans and the Tamiya primer. Right now I am using Floquil Primer as a substitute but IMHO Tamiya primer is still the best.

Fish? :blink :blink

Back