• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya M-113 Instructions?

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

I have the Tamiya M-113 ACAV kit but I want to build it as the earlier model without the gun shields. I need to know the locations of the bar-like assemblies (guards?) parts that go on the roof of the early M-113 model. The sprue with these parts is common to both the early M-113 kit and the later released M-113 ACAV kit. The parts I'm talking about are B30, B31 and B32. Can someone scan and email me the page from the early Tamiya M-113 kit that shows the locations of those parts?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Hi Peter,

I just had a look at an ACAV kit and you don't really need the instructions for the placement of the antenna guards.

If you look closely at the roof plate, at each location you will see a raised square "weld bead" (well that's what it looks like) for the vertical bar/s and to either side, a little "L" shaped ridge which acts as a locator for the base of the angled bars.

Phil_H wrote:
Hi Peter,

I just had a look at an ACAV kit and you don't really need the instructions for the placement of the antenna guards.

If you look closely at the roof plate, at each location you will see a raised square "weld bead" (well that's what it looks like) for the vertical bar/s and to either side, a little "L" shaped ridge which acts as a locator for the base of the angled bars.

Hi there.

Thanks for confirming that's what those marks are for. I had an idea that perhaps that's what they were for but I wasn't positive. I really appreciate the advice you so kindly gave.

Cheers from Peter

Back