• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Centaur Mk. IV

Well I'd like to join this one if I may with Tamiya's Centaur. I have some Hobby boss single link tracks for it, a new crew and some storage odds and sods, so should be able to cover the build requirements.

h2e75fe0.jpeg

And the date stamp

h1a5fd58.jpeg

So if this is ok for this campaign, I'm off to build.
Pete

I had the Hobby Boss tracks for my Centaur build but they didn't want to stay glued together. Every time I looked at them they seemed to fall apart and the more times I glued them, the more they fell apart. I have some Model Kasten tracks on order to replace them. Hope you have better luck with yours.

The kit itself fits well and builds up pretty quickly.

Cheers,
Rich

Well, started construction on the weekend.

Lower hull and wheels.

h516d12d.jpeg

h32ef871.jpeg

Upper hull details.

hd20a3d6.jpeg

Turret

h51b9dbe.jpeg

And altogether

h4dcfbe0.jpeg

h8e455cb.jpeg

Me thinks I should have picked a more difficult kit.....

Photos are pretty ordinary, must stop using the Iphone and get the camera set up properly.

Gentlemen, I thank you.
Not really an update, more of a visual clarification if you like.
The one thing that doesn't thrill me with Tamiya kits is the plastic colour (yeah, I'm from Oz and we spell it strangely)
Not really condusive to good photography. I have given her a blast with grey primer so now I can see what's going on.
Still bits to add on before painting, but getting the crew sorted first.
The base is also a work in progress.
Cheers
Pete

hb717ab9.jpeg

Thanks for the comments gents.
Quick question to the higher powers....Does the aftermarket part of this build need to be construction
related (tracks, barrel, etch) or does stowage like a Black dog set count?

Anyway, slowly plugging away on this while I wait for some bits and pieces to finish my SPG campain build.
Got her base coated, glossed, decaled and glossed again. Pin washed, and working on the oil fading.
The crew is also done. Not the greatest figures for resin, but they will do.

Cheers
Pete

h33c8632.jpeg

h0563413.jpeg

ha1b5b89.jpeg

h8b2d4e3.jpeg

Very cool! Never seen the driver in place before. Nice touch.

As far as your question Pete, not sure what you're asking unless I missed something about the campaign. Build it till you think it's complete.

Really diggin' the paint job, (y)

Hi Bob,
This is from Terry's blurb about start up.
"This will be a armor campaign. Any scale, but must include at least one figure,be fully tracked, have some aftermarket, and no two builds can be the same."

Hoping the Black Dog set will be here next week so will keep tinkering until it turns up.
Pete

Hi Bob,
This is from Terry's blurb about start up.
"This will be a armor campaign. Any scale, but must include at least one figure,be fully tracked, have some aftermarket, and no two builds can be the same."

Hoping the Black Dog set will be here next week so will keep tinkering until it turns up.
Pete

Ah...ok so then, Terry? :popcorn

Back