• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Announces 1/48 F-35

Ugh, I want a C.

I know they did the A as that's what the JASDF use, as well as being the most widely used variant. Nice of them to include a full complement of operators. I ended up getting the Caracal decal set for my 1/48 Meng A to build a RAAF bird.

I would wait for an RAF B model as will most of the UK i suspect. that said its another example of pricing that will kill the hobby IMHO, much like the new airfix Buccaneer.

People were saying that in the 80's when I first started modeling but it keeps getting bigger and biggger,more and more kit selections,more companies making kits,subjects that we never would have dreamed of,and these big priced kits are selling,otherwise they wouldnt make them,endless varieties of AM,and now you have all the cottage industry companies making 3-D parts.
Young people are being drawn in by Sci-Fi,Gundam,World of Tanks,and Girls and Panzers.
The hobby will be here long after I'm gone.

Last edited:
Sorry but the world doesnt stop at the US Border :)
My local model shop that i have been using since the 70's is now only open 3 days a week., go to model shows here you dont really see anyone under 60 ... I dont know many kids who have £70.00 spare for a 1/48 HS Buccaneer from airfix ?
We shall see but on a wider issue the world is going into recession, interest rates are rising, businesses are going bust, fuel costs here are up 10 fold and the Gov has just borrowed another £100 billion just to subsidise elec and gas so normal people can heat their homes this winter.
It not sustainable Countries in Europe are having to borrow eye watering amounts of money just to stand still and a lot like the UK are not even standing still. Models like all hobbies will be very much a luxury most will not be able to afford at todays prices.

Sorry but the world doesnt stop at the US Border
I don't understand these words you say.... :bm:

:rotf

Yes things are bad all over but it all ebbs and flows. As always we have to weather the storm and wait for the sunny day that's always just around the corner.
sorry for the sappy optimism, it's a bit uncharacteristic for me.

2F475ADE-4306-4FFA-B03B-038445351B92.jpeg

I will not take this much further because it would be political.
The mess the west is getting into this time is not an ebb or flow, its game changing. Europe and the UK are taking on debt that we will never be able to pay back. In 2012 the Uk started printing money. It was called Quantitive easing... The plan was to print £60b to get out of recession.
10 years on we have now printed in excess of £900 billion and last week we decided to print another £100b..
As a result the Pound now has parity with the Dollar, a drop of 35% which means everything in the World that is priced in USD just got 35% more expensive. Fuel , oil gas, grain most commodities. Because they are worried about the cost of heating this winter...........they print even more money to pay peoples bills......
No way back from this now without a major re rate of standards of living and thats not going to happen.

to get back on topic i wouldn't be surprised to see models in the UK rise by 35% :-(

Everything is getting more expensive here too Paddy. Goes to show how buggered things get when you have idiots running the show.

Back