• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 F-35C Coming Soon

RichB

Pre-orders for the F-35C are starting to pop up. Expected release is Dec 2024-Jan 2025.

Tamiya F35C.jpg

Cheers,
RichB

As a model, how does it differ from an A type ? are their specific ship board differences ? is it just folding wing ?

As a model, how does it differ from an A type ? are their specific ship board differences ? is it just folding wing ?
It has a larger wing (8 ft greater span, 208 sq ft greater area), increased flight control area and internal fuel, folding wingtips, the probe and drogue air to air refueling system, a more robust landing gear for carrier operations, twin wheel nose gear with a catapult launch arm and the gun is in a bolt-on centreline pod (like the F-35B).

I forgot the beefed up arrestor hook too.

Cheers,
RichB

Last edited:
I'm sure this is going to come with a hefty price, but at least it will be a great kit, knowing Tamiya.

Right now its listed at $70.40 at Squadron (US) and €81.45 at Der Sockelshop (Germany) for preorders.

Cheers,
RichB

Thanks RichB, Should be significantly noticeable along side the A/B version then.

It will be over priced here for sure but TBH i would think the market would be the US as no one else would need a catapult launched F35 and we have our own versions. I bought the B version as its RAF issue.

Back