• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/35th Kommandeurwagen

Started this over the weekend just for a nice quick and easy build. The tamiya steyr kits are in my opinion the nicest kits to build.

S8002779.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

I added the tamiya etched grills set and a small bit of plastic card covered in mesh to help hide the massive void behind the grills
DSCF0001.jpg

I am planning on having the boot open and the hood up
DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

some extensions where added using foil to the fabric headlight covers and weld lines around the bases added with stretched sprue.
DSCF0002.jpg

And here it all is apart from a missing notek light (must have used it on another project in the past) Got some new ones coming so no problems.
DSCF0006.jpg

Cheers
pete

Cheers chaps, more for you, I bit the bullet and carefully removed the moulded on outer door handles, trimmed then up and glued back on. They look much better now.

DSCF0019.jpg

Also primed the model using vallejo's new primer, this can be airbrushed or brush painted and so far I am impressed with it. I like the fact that you can spray it as I find this much more controllable than using a spray can. I have also found that a little goes a long way.

DSCF0018.jpg

Pete

Looking good Pete (y) I've done three of these sweet kits straight from the box, interested to see someone putting a little more effort in, keep us posted :peace

Thanks guys, this is one of those kits I wish I had built ages ago!
Paint work now, the model was sprayed in a mix of tamiya dark yellow, white and desert yellow then lightened mixes of NATO brown and NATO green where sprayed on in a random fashion. The base coat was further lightened with white and then misted over the camo to fade it. The hood was sprayed with tamiya khaki and again lightened with a drop of white to the base colour.

The rest is all vallejo colours, I used belt brown for the seats and inserts in the doors. The seats will get a bit more attention with some oil colours for the leather look I am after. Chipping done via fine brush and German black brown and Iraqi sand.

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

Pete

Pete,
Nice... I really like the way it's coming out...
Nice camo and chipping. Looks great to me. Wow you really blasted that
one out. I can't wait to see more.
Shawn

wow i really like your airbrushing! did you use a fine needle? :)

Back