• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/35 JGSDF Type10 *complete*

Hello there beautiful people.

This is my first finished kit to greet the new year with. I will be greeting the new year with a newly finished Type 10, one of the recent offering from Tamiya. Released in September 2013, this kit is very beautifully moulded with moulded-on antislips, clear plastic sheets ( as usual from Tamiya ) and rubber tracks.

I painted this gal in Tamiya JGSDF Dark Green and a mix of JGSDF Brown and normal Brown. A lot of references seemed to show hard edge patterns, I did the green first and masked it off and applied the brown. I just followed the pattern from the instructions. I wanted to exercise artistic license and went for a what-if winter scheme but since I have already made the Type90 in that way, I just decided to keep it factory scheme.

I debated on how to weather it, mainly snows and mud but I realize I have to build more dusty builds as practice so I decided to keep the weathering to a dusty appearance. I didn't do it all dusty ( like my Leclerc) just a moderate amount of dust. The dust was applied first with two layer of oil wash and brushing pigments on top after that.

Here's some photos -
B.jpg

L.jpg

A.jpg

M.jpg

I.jpg

G.jpg

H.jpg

E.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/tamiya-135-jgsdf-type10.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.

Until the next launch .

Excellent job! The weathering is really extremely well done.

I have one of these in 1/72 scale with a dozer blade that I'll be building for the Modern Armor campaign. I'll be checking back to this Thread for some additional ideas.

Back