• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Hanomag SS-100 1/35

Ruben Lopez

Hello everyone! Let's see if I remember how to post in a forum. (Last time I did this was about 10 years ago?)

So here's the subject in the box, the Takom SS-100.
1667955545623.png

And here is the beginning of the chassis.
1667955596412.png

The chassis was a little skewed so I had to put some weight on it to straighten it.
1667955654041.png

And the chassis with the suspension and the running boards attached. The running boards needs a little straighten so I hope the clothespins can do the trick.
1667955700036.png

That's all for now. Hope you like it.

Hi Ruben, welcome back! Looking good again, so may obscure german trucks, never seen this one.

:popcorn

Hi Ruben, just be careful with those tires!

Even pre-painting the rims didn’t stop them from eating into/melting the plastic. (You can see the grey plastic oozing out of the bead as well as where it melted into the roof it was lying on).

Tossed mine back in the box until I can find some replacements 😒

Wow, thanks for the advice. I'll check if there are resin ones. I've never liked vynil tires on military models.

Wow, thanks for the advice. I'll check if there are resin ones. I've never liked vynil tires on military models.

Ruben I’m the same, I always replace with DEF, Hussar or Panzer Art if they are available.

I believe DEF have these on their ‘to do’ list but last time I checked they still weren’t available.

I've read you guys talking about this but never seen it. wowser...

I was the same for the longest time but it happened to me a few years back with an older Trumpeter kit. During the build I had tossed everything haphazardly back into the box to work on something else and when I opened it up a couple weeks later, the tires had melted themselves into the spruces.

These that came in the Takom kit appeared to be made from a much different material than those Trumpeter tires so I thought I was safe. Nope.

Hello again guys. Here is a little update. Working on the chassis I noticed that the tow pintle (Is that what it's called?) Lacked some details. So I made some castle nuts in Fusion 3D and printed them. I only needed one but, why not have some spares? (Sorry for the blurry picture.)
1668219133081.png

Here is the part with the improvements.
1668219173140.png

The handle is a piece of floral wire.
1668219196638.png

See you in the next one.

Thanks for the compliments and advice guys! Here's another update.
I added the tow pintle to the chassis, the belts to the engine, the air tanks over the running boards, the fenders and the steering linkage.
1668995387307.png

Also the winch housing and the wheels. The wheels aren't glued yet as I need to mount the tires first. Here's the left side.
1668995432810.png

Since I don't like the way the rear tires are mounted, using a center pin that wobbles too much for my taste, I decided to beef it up a little.
I enlarged the center hole of the wheels with a 1/8 drill bit. Then, took a small piece of 1/8" polystyrene tubing and tried to insert it into the hole. To my surprise it didn't fit so I put it in my rotary tool and with a file reduced it until the fit was perfect.
1668995521370.png

Here you can see the tubing glued to the differential.

And here's the back of the wheel. Now the stay in place by friction and it doesn't wobble.
1668995638740.png

After that, I did some work on the tool box of the tractor. With a small razor I cut the door open.
1668995867558.png

Then I cut a new one from .020 styrene. Then the detailing began; adding a floor to cover the cutout to glue the part in place, an internal frame for the door to rest in, the chains that hold the door in the open position, and the hooks for the chains. The hooks are bent copper wire. Here is the finished tool box.
1668995937630.png

Now I have to put some tools inside.

Next was time to work on the interior, seats, pedals, and steering column. The fitting of the parts is perfect and went together quickly.
1668996055251.png

It's almost time to pick up the airbrush. Until next time!

Well, it's time for another update. The parts were painted with Tamiya and Vallejo paints. A burnt umber wash was applied to the seats and some dirt to the floor. Here is ready to be assembled.
1669316140637.png

And here is the assembled cabin. The front part isn't glued yet as I still need to glue the windshield and all the windows in place. I also painted and added the rear fenders at this stage.
1669316180796.png

Here's a better view of the instrument panel. The siler parts on the instrument panel were done with a Sharpie.
1669316232090.png

With the roof in place (Not glued yet.) not much is visible. 🙁
1669316294879.png

Next, to finish the chassis. Thanks for watching and see you soon.

Time for another one!
Here's the tractor with everything in place, including the 3D printed boxes on the fenders. I sprayed Tamiya XF-82 to all the top surfaces to give some highlight to the model.
1671062794639.png

The other side.
1671062830048.png

Then the decals for the license plates. These are a multi decal affair where every number is separate. :mad:
1671062860408.png

Front one.
1671062905886.png

Starting the weathering process. I applied a coat of AMMO light dust to the lower parts of the vehicle with and airbrush.
1671062930581.png

1671062958800.png

Next, pigments and washes. See ya soon.

Back