• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Suzi Hayabusa

Leopard2

No, its not the name of my GF. This is another project of mine I will be working on. It will be straight OOB with just a different paint job. I am leaning towards Arctic Blue Metallic or a very dark Metallic Red.

Joe

IMG_0362.jpg

Well Mike, the Box actually got some parts in it too.

I started to glue the parts together that need some putty and sanding. I started to put the engine together as well.

Joe

IMG_0364.jpg

UPDATE 6/5/11 Suzi Hayabusa

Today I painted the engine, the wheels and the different engine covers so I can go ahead with the engine assembly.

Joe

IMG_0381.jpg

Re: UPDATE 6/5/11 Suzi Hayabusa

Looks like you have a great start going.

Terry (y)

Thanks guys. Those little Tamiya Bikes are are a fun build.

Martin, I must admit that I am scared to hell to ride on a Bike.

Randy, I used Tamiya Xf-16 Flat Aluminum on the Engine.

UPDATE 6/7/11: Suzi Hayabusa

I did some more work on the bike. I had to flat coat the engine block since the paint was rubbing off and all the black parts got a light metal sheen to it. I had to repaint those. I think with the flat the engine looks even better. I also started to put the frame together and the wheels. And last but not least I drilled out all the cooling holes in the brake rotors.

Joe

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Looking fine Joe, sorry I missed your update last week. really nice looking work. Those weldlines, are they molded on or are you adding them?

Ah no Joe don't be scared bikes are just an engine between two tires :) It's just a nice feeling ... but I'm getting to old for those kind of bikes I'm afraid.

The last pic a little oily and I would take it as a real one - looks great!

Slowly making progress on the bike. I got the front shocks painted, the front wheels and brake rotors assembled and started working on the handle bars.

Joe

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Back