• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SU-152 Question-UPDATE

iambrb

OK....so i am getting a burn on my pocket for one of these kits. I have seen a 1/35th scale from Eastern Express. it is cheap....but I think there might be a reason for that - anyone have any expereince witht these? Also, I thunked Tamiya was going to have one out? I might be better off waiting for the Tamiya...but any info is surely appreciated.

UPDATE - Anyone know if the Tamiya uses the vinyl tracks or do they have a nicer version in this kit?

Re:SU-152 Question

The Tamiya kit, which is out, is an ISU-152 based on the IS-2 chassis.

The Eastern Express SU-152 is based on the KV chassis. I am dreaming (I know) that Trumpeter releases this as a follow on to their very nicely done KV series.

Eastern Express is not inaccurate just flashy and clunky. A nice model can be built. If you dare (I'm daring ya!) combine the Eastern Express upper hull with a Trumpeter chassis.

If I can find the link, there is a FABULOUS build on a Russian language site (dishmodels.ru).

Regards,

Re: SU-152 Question

I got the Tamiya kit,it looks good in the box,I will build it later this year.

Raiderfan2779,

Check your box. ISU or SU-152? I know Tamiya makes the former but don't recall them making the latter.

Regards,

Didn't Italeri make one? ISU-152 that is.
I will have to check my box of directions???
Are we talking ISU or SU?
Shawn

I found a Cybermodeler article on that thang - too cool! I may have to come off da' hip, and sell a few kits to get it - but apparently they have htis neat jig that lets you build it up with the sag in there, and then put the tracks on...TOO COOL!

sharkmouth wrote:
Raiderfan2779,

Check your box. ISU or SU-152? I know Tamiya makes the former but don't recall them making the latter.

Regards,

Hello Sharkmouth, It is a JSU-152 Kit # 35303,it just was released last fall

Anthony C

Hi Anthony,

That Tamiya kit is a very nice one! However, Bruce wrote that he was interested in the SU-152 which is a different vehicle.

By the way, please call me Saúl, all my friends do! Welcome to TnT and I'd love to see what you do with your kit. I may have some photographs I took of the ISU-152 when I was in Poland. If you think they may help, let me know and I'll post them.

Regards,

Okay Saul thanks :Hiay So then an SU would be based on a T-34 chassis,like the 85+122,while the JSU is based on the KV chassis.

raiderfan2779 wrote:
Okay Saul thanks :Hiay So then an SU would be based on a T-34 chassis,like the 85+122,while the JSU is based on the KV chassis.

Where the confusion rises is the ISU is based on the JS2 chassis and the SU is KV chassis and then there are others on t34 chassis as well :silly:

Jenny :kiss:

Back