• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SU 100

The Zod

SU1_zps1dead8c2.jpg

SU2_zps97be76cd.jpg

SU3_zps65e9736d.jpg

I am gonna go OOB on this. Just being lazy. :gogo

SU4_zps8137b460.jpg

I forgot the DML Russian tank kits had a bad gap at the rear.
SU5_zpsce972bee.jpg

SU6_zps46b863bd.jpg

So much for OOB. For some reason or other the kit tracks would not behave. :bang head Friul tracks to the rescue. :java I mixed some Tamiya dark green with field grey.

SU7_zps0afec130.jpg

SU8_zps24fb5bf5.jpg

I am really wondering if I should quit modeling. :bang head :bang head
For the gloss coat,I sprayed Future onto it. No problems there. For the clear flat,I used Testors acrylic. There was still a bit of a gloss to it. I decided to try the Tamiya flat base/Future mix again. I used 20 psi or so for the air pressure.
SU10_zps62280660.jpg

SU9_zps7f28809a.jpg

In a couple days,I shall reapply that mix using less air pressure. Hopefully it will turn out better. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I mix 3 parts Future,1 part flat base. I wonder if I add a little more future if that will help. :idonno

Instead of flat base and future, which to me, would end up with a satin coat, just try some acrylic flat, if you still have shine, built up another layer. thin coats.

Instead of flat base and future, which to me, would end up with a satin coat, just try some acrylic flat, if you still have shine, built up another layer. thin coats.

I did that on my Hippo Team StuG III. For some reason there was still a bit of a gloss shine. I have used the flat base and future in the past,and it came out dead flat. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong this time. :bang head

I have in come across the same issue, I usually use pigments to weather and I have found a light dusting a mud helps reduce the shine. Except for coming out of the wash bays I have rarely seen a perfectly clean and shine armoured vehicle, even gate guards get grungy. (y)

James

I think I may have saved this build. I sprayed the Future/Tamiya flat base mix on again,and this is what happened.
SU11_zps0b56b9ba.jpg

Yesterday,I sprayed Testors acrylic flat clear.

SU12_zps2b9790e8.jpg

Back