• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stug IV

Tim A.

Hi all
Heres is some shots of my most recent project
000_1611_20100629_1420563507.jpg
7169.jpg[/IMG]399.jpg[/IMG]
000_1612_20100629_1830120409.jpg

Bingo! I come from a model railroad background and am a novice at Military modeling. The military stuff is more challenging.

000_1693_20100629_1673337169.jpg

Looks good Tim. If you're having problems posting it doesn't show. but you can post more than one image in a post. Just use that code one after another.

Great photography also.

Hi Moon puppy I was attempting to do that but got the red X. My camera is not that great 1 out of 20 may come out decent.

Tim

That's some pretty cool stuff, Tim! Since you have a railroading background, I may need to pick your brain about bases, landscaping and such.

Looks really good, needs a little more (smaller rubble) with that much
damage to the building. (just my thoughts).
Shawn

The components are nice, the stug looks nicely done.
I agree some more small rubble, dust etc will make this better.

I like the idea of the lion statue, I'm not so sure the way he is facing is the best. I personally would like to see him 90 degrees to his left (perpendicular to the Stug). Not sure if it can be done. I think he'd be the first lion "wedgie"

Very nice, Tim! What kit of the StuG IV did you use? I built the old Tamiya one way back and liked it, and I have the newer DML kit in the stash. The StuG IV is one of my favorites, so it's nice to one built up - doesn't seem like an often modeled subject in my neck of the woods.

David

Very nice and I like the base, too. The pillars and lion are pretty neat. I'm really impressed with the overall look of the finish. Very matte but with lots of depth. I'm working on that skill and I like to see good examples like this. I wouldn't say you're time with trains has hurt you at all!! :cheer:

slodder wrote:
The components are nice, the stug looks nicely done.
I agree some more small rubble, dust etc will make this better.

I like the idea of the lion statue, I'm not so sure the way he is facing is the best. I personally would like to see him 90 degrees to his left (perpendicular to the Stug). Not sure if it can be done. I think he'd be the first lion "wedgie"

Thanks guys for the compliments and comments.
Slodder Your right. can't change the pose now but after visualizing what your seeing the lion facing straight out from the monument with the front legs perched on an overhang would look better. Now why could'nt I see that :hmmm

Tim

Back