• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

StuG III Ausf D Sonderverband 288

RichB

The DML release from 1994, allowed to mature in cellophane and cardboard.
DSCF0036edited.jpg

Acquired for the princely sum $19.00.
DSCF0036edited2.jpg

With decals from Echelon Fine Transfers and DAK Pz.III Engine Hatches from Tank Workshop
DSCF0037edited.jpg

It does show its age with some prominent parting seams on the running gear, some ejector pin and sink marks and some fairly heavy attachment points that will require careful trimming and cleaning up.

On with the build.

Cheers,
Rich

One of these things is not like the other.

DSCF0044edited.jpg

Ordered a replacement Friulmodel Drive Sprocket set and while I was at it, a set of metal tracks.

Lots to do while the dog teams make their way north.

Cheers,
Rich

This kit must have been made either late Friday or early Monday, one half of one of the Idler Wheels is missing its entire centre section. Fired an e-mail off to Dragon to see if they will send replacement parts as they are used on several other releases of the PzKpfw III/St G III family.

Now we wait for a reply while sanding seams on the return rollers and road wheels.

Cheers,
Rich

Heard back from Dragon. I have sent them a picture of the defective parts as they requested. Unfortunately I don't have a receipt they asked for due to the years that have passed since I purchased it.

If I can't get the idler replaced, I can steal one from another StuG III I have in the stash and that one can be set bogged down in a diorama. :D

Cheers,
Rich

Rich let me check that against the one in my A kit. I think it is the same and is not required for my model. Get back to you shortly.
James

Replacement parts are being sent from Dragon. Their estimate is 10 days for delivery. (y)

Cheers,
Rich

I usually make a jig and pre-cut all the track pins so the cut end will not be visible when inserted into place.

Back