• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Black Knight StuG III Ausf. G [1/35 DML]

Viper_MP

Well, I've been absent from the forums for a while, and since I came back to post on another topic, Iron Mike insisted I stay for a while. So I figured I should post up some of the work I've managed to do lately. I've been fighting a shoulder injury for the last 6-7 months [surgery is this week], so modeling has been a little limited.

Anyway, here is one of the few projects that has been finished. Its the Cyber-Hobby [DML] StuG III ausf. G from the Black Knight comic series. I decided to go all out on this one and added a Verlinden resin interior set. I kept most of the kit gun, as well as the kit floor and firewall. Since the kit has the torsion bars, I had to cut the resin to fit around the kit pieces. I also cut out the molded "floor" from the engine bay. The rest of the resin fit ok, but I did have to remove the back from the upper ammo storage racks. I had some great references for the interior colros thanks to a club member, and went all out with detailing. For the exterior, the kit came with aluminum armor panels. I originally had planned on going with a banged up vehicle, and set out to heat and then bend and ding the panels. Well, I over did the dents on some, and the heat on the others. So I redid the panels from styrene, and I think they came out a bit better. Camo was painted freehand with the AB, and I did some light weathering washes, scratches, rust, and pigments. Overall, I'm quite pleased with how it came out. I left all the hatches open, and the roof is also separate for when I really want to show it off.

Anyway, on to the pics.
robfoldenstugiiig.jpg

robfoldencyberhobby135stugiiigblackknightcomicversion.jpg

robfolden135cyberhobbystugiiig.jpg

2012-01-12%2021.07.37.jpg

2012-01-12%2021.07.28.jpg

robfoldendml135stugiiiausfg.jpg

2012-02-09%2020.56.24.jpg

dscn5552.jpg

dscn5553.jpg

dscn5555.jpg

dscn5558.jpg

dscn5556.jpg

dscn5557.jpg

This one is with my Black Knight Panther A.
dscn5561.jpg

Excellent stuff, as always Rob!! Really glad to see your work, please keep 'em coming!! See you in May?

Back