• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Street car ...............

Cheyenne

If I'm not mistaken someone produced a street car/trolly , but for the life of me I can't remember who ?

Any recollections ?

Wasnt it one of Bob L`s companies that produced one?
I cant for the life of me remember which one

I wasnt much help was I :(

There was a streetcar in Douglas Lees Berlin diorama if memeory serves !

Custom Dioramics (now owned by MMD (Squadron Mail Order)) has/had two available.

CD 6051 un-powered trolley:
cd6051_2.jpg

and powered:
cd6052_2.jpg

It may also be available form another vendor (Baluard perhaps?) but I don't know for sure.

Regards,

Thats the one !!! Well thats the one I was thinking of lol
I dont know if thats the one Cheyenne was thinking of

Well done Saul

:laugh: , .......... that's the one Andy , kinda knew what it looked like but couldn't remember who made it .

Saul , thanks man that's the one , bingo , .......... but now that I look at it it isn't as I remembered it .

I didn't want it to buy , but for ref pics to scratch , ......... I can't find streetcar/trolley pics in Berlin to save my life !!!

This is where I'm going ..............

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R988282C_Berl.jpg

Hey Viper,

I know of Lindberg's kit:
72162-san_francisco_cable_car.jpg

but it is 1/48th scale...

Cheyenne, Wikipedia has this photo which identifies the trams in your image as Motor car of type TD of the GBS, built in 1912;
5274-84-BTKopenick-100803MG.JPG

This tram looks like the Custom Dioramics offering plus it has the Berlin Bear logo:
Stra%C3%9Fenbahn_Berlin_TWA2.jpg

Regards,

Saul thanks for the pics . They will be immensely helpful when scratching the cars .

The only thing is that in the ref pic the cars appear to have squared fronts and backs .
Also if you look in the center of the ref pic the electric contact [ above the trike truck ] is a single contact , not the scissor jack type .
No problem , I'm not splitting hairs , like I said your pics will be very very helpful when scratching !!!
Thanks for taking the time to find those pics !!!!

Some more refs I found yesterday ...........

A skeletal pic for the framework for the scratch .........

f97911d96f.jpg

Similar cars . .........

hosoktere-30-3.jpg

US55203.jpg

Contacts ..........

form11.jpg

form10.jpg

A little weathering ........

35296.jpg

Some additional inspiration pics ...........

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313852C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313862C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313872C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R716392C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313472C_Berl.jpg

I love bridges ....... may add one .........

0154.jpg

144.jpg

Potential vehicles ...............

pantherturret.jpg

1127211019.jpg

I swear , sometimes I fell like these guys when I need to find refs !!!

gilligan.jpg

Andy , thanks man , I recently cleared out an area in my room for additional builds .
I only had one build station so when I wanted to work on other projects I had to clean everything up and start the new idea , ........
This is most likely why I never finish anything , now I can work on multiple builds without putting everything away to start something new !!!

Dont know if you recall that I had some Berlin battle damage pictures on the old site,. Ill try and pull them off if you want them

A

Hey Glenn
Another immense and inspiring work in the wings...
You are amassing a good collection of references here, and I'm sure you'll take us on a fun ride.
I love the way you see a bridge photo and decide "Ooh mebbe I'll just build one of them too as I love 'em", whereas I tremble at the thought... :blink ;)
Brad

Hi Cheyenne,

I don't see the flat faces on any of the four trams in the photo:
DRBVG.jpg

So, I looked at their serials to determine the type. Number one has a four digit serial but I only saw the first three (577X).

So I went to look at a web site with museum trolleys and found some within the serial range:
5725-177-Monumentenhalle-020907MG.JPG

5472-45-Monumentenhalle02-020907MG.JPG

5472 note the way the windows in the center section have rounded corners. The fronts of these trams may have been rebuilt.

5984-23-Dircksenstr-120807JR.JPG

5984 shows the black dot which I thought, at first, was the windshield wiper pivot point.

Regards,

Andy , thanks man , you can post them right here if you'd like , they would be very helpful , not to mention I'm a bit of an old pic collector :laugh:

Brad , :laugh: See the bridge ....... be the bridge ......... :laugh:
This is for the Sept. 2010 Berlin group build , yeah I know it's a bit early , but I want all my ducks in a row for the starting gun !!! :laugh:

Saul , beautiful , just beautiful pics !!!!

The Stadtring # 3493 trolley has a very tapered nose , as opposed to the new pic of 5725 .
I don't know different manufactures ? .......... 1920's model , 30's etc ?
It's easy to see the radical taper but harder to see the slightly tapered nose on certain angle pics . That is what I meant when I said they looked flat nosed , [ original post ] no taper . Sorry I didn't make myself clear on that .
None of them look 90 degree angle [ rectangle/boxed ] shapes , however my eyes don't see the radical taper to the nose in my first ref pic , certainly not as radical of a taper to the nose as the Stadtring 3493 pic , or the Custom Dio offers .

Now that you mention it I was wondering what that cable was on the nose of the car ?
For el when cars are in tandem ?

Found another producer and it looks faithful to the Model 601 Tram:
tram.jpg

From Model Dream:
www.modeldream.it

Too bad (for you) that it is 1/72nd scale! I didn't notice at first. ;)

Regards,

Ooh sorry mate these are recent Berlin pictures still bearing the scars some 64years later

I love all that Berlin 1945 history :D

However over on another well known ( not so good as this site but nearly as good)model site Per Olav Lund is asking the same questions about Berlin trolleybuses
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/thread/1262125136/Help+with+name

so maybe if you message him you could swop information

Thanks guys for all your help , ...

Saul , scale doesn't matter , I need all the visuals I can get when the Berlin 1945 campaign begins Sept 2010.
Thanks Andy , I have that pic. , I think Olav needs a fill in the blanks sort of thing for the first word on the trolley .

This is a trolley but not a tram (street car):
f35030a.jpg

It is from Baluard.
REFERENCE: F35030

NAME: ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE E45

SCALE: 1:35

MEASUREMENTS: 340 x 131 x 88 mm.

MATERIAL PIECES
White Metal
Resin
Aluminum

Regards,