• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Storing Tube Oils

TomN

Anyone have a nice way of keeping their tubes of oil paints organized? Right now they are just piled up
in one of those Sterlite shoeboxes...not very handy.

Thanks, Tom

Equally scientific, I use an old ice-cream container :D

What I did do, though, prior to packing them is to put a bit of cling-wrap (seran wrap) over the nozzel before winding the cap back on. It makes the tubes a bit easier to open...

Equally scientific, I use an old ice-cream container

Rudi, are you referring to something like this?
molds.jpg

Regards,

I have some plastic drawers on rollers. All my oil paints are in one of the drawers. Before that I had a pallet box then 2 paint boxes. The drawer is the best because all my oils fit and are easy to comb through and find what I want.
James

I've seen those plastic tubs at the supermarket, most of the time the plastic containers are round in shape but I believe it may be Breyers that has the rectangular tubs. I guess it depend where you shop or what brand you eat.

I use my sons old pencil box from school, complete with stickers and doodling on the outside. :D

Ive got a really cheapo set of oils ( purely for weathering )that are kept in a very cool and dark cupboard they tend to keep very nicely although in the Original plastic container.

Back