• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spare Parts of Sprue taking up space on th Shelf

panzerace007

Hey GUYS , Gals, & Sci-Fi Nutzz ,

As some of you may know I've started building the "BLACK FALCON" part of a Group Build on SMA & featured here as part of th Sci-Fi build. The Millennium Falcon under went a Massive Restoration ( 25 years after Star Wars aka - 25 ABY { After the Battle of Yavin} ) at th Out break of the Yuuzhan Vong War. According to some published literature the Guns, Engine were revamped & additional Armor Plates were added.

This is where you come in ..... :blush: hopefully .... :D Do any of you have a 1/32nd scale A-10 Wart Hog that perhaps will never be built or perhaps has taken a tumble off of the Shelf & will never be rebuilt ? Either th A-10 or a 1/32nd scale TomCat .... I want to use Th Engines & Cowlings to replace th Falcon's & make these th Revamped Engines. I'm also in the Hunt for any unwanted 1/72nd scale Armor & perhaps some left over Spares from some Car Kits - Tranny/Engine parts , either in 1/35th or 1/24th. Perhaps you have a smal box of spares that are taking up space on your Stash Shelf & you will never get to use them or you just don't build that much from that particular Genere ??? Don't let them gather Dust .... Donate them to the "Black Falcon Restoration Project " - Han Solo would be Most Grateful !

- http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,3998.0.html

- https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/sci-fi-showdown/82157-mpc-millennium-falcon-the-black-falcon

- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Millennium_Falcon - scroll down to th Yuuzhan Vong War for th details on th Black Falcon & it also appears in written form in the Series - The New Jedi Order , "Vector Prime" - where after Leia sees it she remarks to Han that it looks more like a Fighter than a Freighter. ....

Thanx Guys & Gals for taking th time to read & respond & a Big Thanx in Advance to any that can help Me on My Quest !!!

:erik

Sounds like you have a nice two year project starting up! I built one of these as a kid in 79 or so- and I have the cutaway now it's still in the stash. When I build it-if ever- I think I'll build it clean, as if it just came off the assembly yard. Of course all that interior mess is going into the scrap box!

Wish i could help you with your request, but my scrap stash's are small. And I'm raiding them now for my own scrapbuild. on it goes... CR

Erik I took a quick inventory of my meager stash and I don't have any jets...at all. Go figure, I worked on them yet nothing. Good luck.. :popcorn

:mpup

You might try Joe aka leopard2, I gave him a big Tomcat I started years ago, he might part with it. :hmmm

Erik start looking to other things, the plastic rolls from cash register/adding machines , different gauges of wire, plumbing parts like ferrules-both nylon and brass, and Evergreen's huge selection of styrene tubes, I beams, blocks and ect. you can get an assorted bag for about 6 bucks. I don't know how far into scrap building you have gotten but really the sky is the limit. Good luck. CR

@ Krypto - 2 years ... :woohoo: Naw .. She'll be done by th deadline of th G.B. which is Feb. 29th ! Also ... We have th same Idea. I too am trying to collect th Roll out of an Adding Machine Tape . I though of cutting it cross ways to get some of th "Sub-Engines" . If you are thinking of Doing a Clean Falcon .... just remember .. according to Lore ,the Falcon is 60 years old by the Time We see it in Star Wars. It's starts life as a Freighter. Check out the Wookie-pedia link I posted & it starts from th Birth of th Falcon.

@ MIKE - I'll shoot Leopard a message & see what He says. Thanx for th Heads up.

:mpup - Thanx for taking th time to look through th stash.

I have acquired a couple of 1/72nd scale Armor kits from a Local I.P.M.S. meeting - They have raffels @ Their meetings. & another Armor buddy donated a DML 1/72nd scale Panther G & a Russian SU-100 .

Greetings Eric;

I might have the engine feathers from a Hawaga F-14. I know I have engine feathers from a
F-4 Phantom. Part of my Si-Fi stash of the 90's.......... :D

..... Let me check, and I will get back with you.

... :pilot ...,

Mike

MIKE,

Cool , I'll be on th Look Out for it. Thanx for taking th time to look !!! (y)

ebon-hawk.jpeg

Now this is a Concept from a Guy that was passed along to Me by one of the Guys over on SMA. Just look at th Rear. That's what I envisioned before I saw th picture. Those rear Thrusters remind Me of th F-14 or th A-10. I have a donor Falcon that I cut th sides off to look like th bays that Cover th Engines.

@ If you are thinking of Doing a Clean Falcon .... just remember .. according to Lore ,the Falcon is 60 years old by the Time We see it in Star Wars. It's starts life as a Freighter. Check out the Wookie-pedia link I posted & it starts from th Birth of th Falcon.

I'm not going to base it on the story lines, although sanctioned for the most part by Lucas the entire thing has taken a convulsed path as if a thousand people are trying to make up the same history.

What inspired me was McQuaries work in the old 'sketchbook' and the original portfolio showing these vehicles in their raw stages. I think it could be done well, and if I stray from the so called rules set by the thousand that have made up the saga, well I'm just adding my part. Belive me as much as I love the story, I don't take it seriously! lol

Back