• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Space Shuttle "Armageddon" (From SCI-FI Showdown)

Arturius

Hello guys!
I'm bring it these one, to see if I finish this model. :lol: After a while without workbench, now that my fiance its recovering from knee surgery, I did little advences, here some pics

the date of pics, it's a little old, but I hadn't time to take anothers :blush:
NovasAgosto13_059~0.JPG

NovasAgosto13_061.JPG

And here I'd some work with the "windshield", the plastic it's thin, and I need to add some putty to try hold it on the place. :snoopy
NovasAgosto13_062~0.JPG

NovasAgosto13_063~0.JPG

well lastest nights, I only add the wings, because this kit it's very poor :vmad with very bad fitting, I don't suggest anyone to buy this one. Only do it, with you want to build this subject baddly!

Cheers :drinks

Art

They made a shuttle model for the film? I really liked that slightly different shuttle.
I have an old 1/72 Monogram Challenger in the stash still, maybe one day.

Well mate's, I'd take two pics other day to show the situation the kit
NovasMaio2014_005.JPG

NovasMaio2014_008.JPG

Them, yesterday I got a break in my job and could do something

NovasMaio2014_001.JPG

Here some sanding work, them I'd to remake some lines :pinch:

NovasMaio2014_013.JPG

NovasMaio2014_011.JPG

NovasMaio2014_015.JPG

In the last three pics, I saw a friend who used a correct pen, in the begin looks good and filled the gap, but whem star to sendind the gap was there yet...

Today I work a little more, :soldier :soldier :soldier
but I don't upload the pics yet.

Cheers

Art

Kit looks a bit rough. :eek:hmy: :zen

Looks like your on the right track. Just a thought, do you have any styrene strip to put into the gaps? It might speed up the filling process. Even some stretch sprue might work. :hmmm

:popcorn

Kit looks a bit rough. :eek:hmy: :zen

Looks like your on the right track. Just a thought, do you have any styrene strip to put into the gaps? It might speed up the filling process. Even some stretch sprue might work. :hmmm

:popcorn
Yeah! It's...

I didn't think about stretch sprue, I tought a little putty will do the work. Next time I'll try. But I don't have any styrene strip, I'll look for it.

Thanks for watching! (y)

After a low-time-bench week, I made some progress. After apply the primer, wich needed some sand to correct the imperfections, was possible make the mask for the paint job.
Novas2Maio2014_004.JPG

Them... :bang head
start to rain, and the humidity turn the work impossible, my compressor it's simple and don't have a reservatory, making me abort the mission....
Here where we're
Novas2Maio2014_031.JPG

Just for note, I resolve clean the windows and them make a detail in the windshield, this why I remove the mask, tomorrow I make it again.

Any commentary, critique or suggestion are welcome.

Cheers :drinks

Art

Back