• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Space Marine Dreadnought paint is on.

Hi all,

Here's something most people won't expect from me.
A Warhammer thing. I think it's pretty cool looking and although it's sometimes a PITA to built cause of the poor fit and that is was better to replace the details instead of trying to clean them up I enjoyed this built very much.

Now I have to decide what colour i will paint it. Red or blue , mayby green...

Feel free to comment!

Cheers

Kristof

Re:Warhammer Space Marine Dreadnought.

Nice work Kristof B)

I like all those little details you added or replaced. You're right, those GW models can be frustrating at times. If you want a real challenge try one of the metal Killan Kans or Deff Dread. Even better, the old Landraider Crusader with the metal hurricane bolter sponsons :evil:

What's the metal rod coming out of the power fist?

As for the color I thing a nice Space Wolf grey would look great :)

Nice work!

Here's some inspiration for you- our old 40K teaser! That's me saying, "reinforcements are en route!" ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFkFo5SBx-g[/youtube]

chukw wrote:
Nice work!

Here's some inspiration for you- our old 40K teaser! That's me saying, "reinforcements are en route!" ;)

Are you serious!!! :blink :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

When I bought the game the first thing I did was play that darn intro over and over and over... drooling a bucket load over my keyboard :laugh: My wife was near putting a bolter onto my head and pull the trigger :S :p

Thanks for the comments guy's.

Awesome trailer Chukw. I was wondering if there ever will be a warhammer spacemarine movie or so. Would be great.

Cheers

Kristof

Re:Warhammer Space Marine Dreadnought

Here's a small update.

Everything recieved a black ( satin ) basecoat. Now the armour needs to be painted in blue. Mmm by hand or not that's the question. It difficult to mask...
And my little groundwork in progress.

Cheers

Kristof

Kristof Pulinckx wrote:
Thanks for the comments guy's.

Awesome trailer Chukw. I was wondering if there ever will be a warhammer spacemarine movie or so. Would be great.

Cheers

Kristof

A bit out of topic but: http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/ B)

Nice work so far btw :)

Hi everyone,

Here's the dreadnought in full colors.
I airbrushed the whole thing , but first I had to mask it. That was real fun NOT ! :angry:

Now it can dry for some days before we start to weather it. And following the rules and history of Warhammer 40K these things are 1000 years old.
So weathering a 1000 year old "vehicle" should be fun.

Cheers

Kristof

Do your eyes still function after masking that?? Very well done masking job it must have taken a lot of skill and patience!!

Stitch

I'm looking forward to seeing the weathering process for this.

One question: does this kit have any articulation on the legs?

It appears on the base to be standing quite well on uneven ground.

Cheers,

Jase.

Having bought a Dready myself I can see why you have replace certain details. Great work by the way and very cleanly done.
I don't think that ease of building and cleaning up a mini rates highly with Games Workshop and they need to take lessons from some of the armour kit makers. Why they put mold lines down the middle of faces, rivets and fine details when it could go in other places is beyond me.

One of the Killa Kans I bought 7 years ago is still partially assembled as it drives me up the proverbial wall whenever I bring it back out again. Although compared to some of the Privateer Press jacks and beasties that require more filler than original metal kit it is like sticking together 2 Lego blocks.

One of the first GW minis I ever bought was one of the old metal dreadnoughts from the late 80's so I have always liked them...or was it early 90's? CAn't remember.
It has been painted and stripped twice. Now stripped and basecoated for the third time. Will probably stay that way for eternity.

Back