• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

something easy 48 Tamiya P-51D

Paulw

I said something easy and this was in the stash

IMG_0641.jpg

I started the pit

IMG_0642.jpg

Later I will do more cause now it it nap time

I got most of it assembled, spilled some paint on the carpet and all over my desk, and shot it with some alclad. so this is where I am now...Maybe it will come out nioce I sure hope so.
IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

All I have to do now is figure where Ill go from here :bang head

Hey Paul, good start. I bet you're talking about making a mess with the silver. That always seems the case with silver and my builds.
What is the black and yellow twin ? I do not recognize that one. :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Been looking at that twin. Looks like a Bug Smasher. A Beech Expediter to me except that is a twin tail and the pic is a single tail. Wonder what it is also.
James

Yeah, can't quite put my finger on it either. Don't believe it to be a twin Beech but it does have that rugged Beech family look. :hmmm

Nope not a Beech. Its a Cessna T-50. Sky King, but you may not be that old to remember Sky.
It wasnt the silver that I spilled it was the gloss black bottom coat. :bang head

Well, there's one more reason to not like NMF.... :rotf and that would also explain why it does not totally look like a Beechcraft product.
Interesting airplane though.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey Phil, haven't had time the last several days to catch up on things. the Alclad looks good. Think the OD could have had a finer demark on it. Not bad though, did something react with the Alcad behind the canopy on the left side?

Nice start Phil, a good reliable standard does the soul good.

Hey Phil, haven't had time the last several days to catch up on things. the Alclad looks good. Think the OD could have had a finer demark on it. Not bad though, did something react with the Alcad behind the canopy on the left side?

I think some crossed wires happening here MP !!

Uncrossed Phil, yeah Philw, light helps a great deal. I can see some weathering where i thought the alcad was blemished.

Looks good buddy! (y)

Back