• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Some of the stuff I have to look at every day

jknaus

Administrator
Its a hardship :pp but here are some of the things I have to look at each day. Oh woe is me :D

DSC02244.JPG

DSC02229.JPG

DSC02236.JPG

DSC02247.JPG

DSC02269.JPG

Some projects in the works. Looking forward to some fun playing with 1 to 1 stuff. Scary thing is I worked on all but one of those a/c types at some point in my career.

James

That PSP could come in handy at any time!

I asked my Jug pilot friend once if the forward air bases picked up the PSP when the moved to new fields in France, he said no. But when he went back for the 50 year reunion he saw a lot of farms around the area had made use of them. Swords to plowshares I guess...

Not one, but two T33s!!!

I only worked on the T-33. The High School I attended received funding to restore two T-33 jets with new engines, avionics, complete overhaul, new spars, hardpoints, and armament mounts. That summer, both were hauled away.

They somehow made it to San Salvador.

So James, which subject will you begin the walkarounds? Seriously, see if the curator is interested in adding walkaround CDs for the gift shop.

Regards,

That would be me :D And I've already broached the idea to the higher ups. We'll see what happens. And I think the CF 116 would be a good place to start.

Can you take measurements? Lots of photos? Will you have access to manuals and the like? If so, I know a vendor who has expressed interest in the early Tiger II.

Regards,

Not sure about manuals. As for pics I am starting to build a library. But isnt the F-5E/F Tiger II a different beast than the F-5A/D (CF-116 A/D)? The Belcher conversion to make the A requires substantial modification.

James

Yes, the differences are there but this vendor has not made any Freedom Fighters or Tiger II... if anything, it may be their first aircraft kit.

Regards,

Back