• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Commission

paddy

Got a commission today for a Porsche 356.......just as i was getting over the car thing and looking forward to something with wings.
only viable option seems to be the Revell 1/16 C model

1713033566022.png

I just wish i could get a body shell out of Italeri for the Bugatti but i have tried twice now, paid my money but nothing has arrived and i have pretty much given up.
The jag is proceeding but its a slog, basically its way to big now i have got to the stage of assembly where it takes up the whole work bench and more :) and i have a half built Bugatti taking up the rest.

Should be impressive when built, Paddy, Hope it's a good one. A friend of mine had a 356A Roadster to pair with my E-Type. I helped him repaint it. Wax on, wax off. He sanded out each of many coats of blue lacquer. Prices are amazing on these things now. He sold his for $30,000 US in the 90's.

interesting the customer wants this Porsche in a metallic red like this

1958_356ASpeedster_Replica_386408_18.jpg

I thought this looks like Tamiya Mica red with heavy clear coat

But when i search this topic i get this

aa70edluzg691.jpeg

And this
5b1340548a130_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.b8501272255fd0e6e1e08a6f546648a4.jpg

Which just goes to show you cant judge colours on a screen :)

Looking forward to watching your magic happen. What happened to the Bugatti? What part are you looking for?

JAmes

Tamiya acrylic clear red over gold? It's hard to tell when lighting conditions differ.

Ouch. I hope they come through. I was looking for 3D files, but the only file I found was $190 or some such obscene amount.
James

Back