• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Some busts and figures

Hi. These are some busts and figures built recently by my main modeler named "Art Instructor":

US Tank Crew WWII, US Airborne Ranger, German Panzergrenadier Busts 1:9:

m54-093.jpg

m54-094.jpg

m54-095.jpg

m54-096.jpg

m54-097.jpg

m54-098.jpg

---

Master Box's Famous Pilots of WWII 1:32 Kit 1 (newly-released kit):

m54-099.jpg

m54-100.jpg

m54-101.jpg

---

VP's Flying Tiger Pilot 120mm (1:15):

m54-132.jpg

m54-133.jpg

m54-134.jpg

m54-135.jpg

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Some nice stuff there :)

Although if I may say the chap who does the models for you and I take it that you possibly pay him, should research SS camo a little more

;)

Ok, let me ask you a question first , was the bust painted by an Novice, amatuer, or friend and gave it to you as a present? If so then thats all good.
Or was the bust painted by a person that charged you money to do so say like a comission piece then please read on

Well depends on what camo he was trying to depict

Plane tree variant or the the 1944 "pea dot" camouflage schemes

and as the chap looks as though hes from the Ardennes encounter ( I dont know who makes that particular bust, Verlinden maybe ?)then Id lean towards the Pea Dot but that then brings another problem :(

In any case the use of the reddish tone is not consistant with any of the SS camo schemes

BUT if youre happy with it then who am I to argue, all my point is that if I was paying a modeller to do models for me, then Id expect them to research it a little better.

If the model was painted by a novice I would be all over it by giving them praise.

Just my 2 pence/cents worth.

Not trying to start an argument but merely giving some help and advice

Best Wishes

Andy

Back