• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show yourself off a little more...

BigDog

Hi Guys,

In all other forums I participate of, members’ info can can be found on the Threads themselves, or just a click away (icons). I find this very cool, as it gives you a little more on the people you’re interacting with. :)

People from many countries and different cultures come together here at Modelers Alliance, always in peace and in a very friendly and generous atmosphere, so why not share some little bits of information, such as the date of your birthday and where you live at, for instance?
emoticon_noidea.gif

Some good stuff can come outta that, like maybe finding out that there’s a brother modeler very near you that you didn’t know about - excepting for James, who lives in the North Pole :D , that could be a possibility for any of us! ;)

So I’m launching this “show yourself off” campaign, aiming at gettin’ y’all to enter the mentioned info on your profile, that way it will be available to all. It’s an easy trick, even for an “IT challenged” guy like me! :eek:hyeah

If you agree, just hit your own avatar with the left button of your mouse and you’ll be on your “profile page”. Scroll down a bit and hit the “Menu” button (right below your number of “Total Posts”). Then go down and click on “Edit Your Profile”. Fill in the blanks you feel like filling on both the “Contact Info” and “Aditional Info” pages and you’re set!

I feel the Forum can be a cozier and even more friendly place with this. And if there is nothing wrong with this idea, I’d like to ask the Mods to lead the way publishing their own info – of course, if you’re not “wanted” by any law enforcement agency...
emoticon_spy.gif

If this is not the right place to post this, I ask the Mods to move it to where it belongs... :dude

That’ll be all for the moment, ladies and gentlemen! :)

Cheers! B)
Fernão

Hey Fernao,
I edited my profile.....I will wait for the INTERPOL....[is there a modelclub in jail?]:eek:hmy: :D

Greetings,Ron.

Of course you enter only information you are comfortable making public. Fernão this is a good idea but remember that not everyone is comfortable making a lot of information public and we will respect folk's privacy here.

Now let me look in my profile and see what's not there.

"... but remember that not everyone is comfortable making a lot of information public and we will respect folk's privacy here.
I understand and respect that totally, Moon. Maybe I didn't explain things right... I'm talking about the three little icons that appear under one's avatar as in the image below, nothing more, and then perhaps just the "location" one would be fine. I think it's cool to know that you're "talking" with someone half across the world.

And of course, only if one feels comfortable with it...

icons_rzd.jpg

I don't mean to pry into anybody's life or anything, it's just that it is most common on other international sites and Forums which I visit regularly.

reconron said:
I edited my profile...
Thanks for jumpin' in, but I still can't see your location... that is, if you want it to be seen. :pp

Cheers!
Fernao B)

Oh no, don't take my comments as trying to take anything away from what you'd like to see. I whole heartedly agree that we should let folks know where we are in the world. I just want to reaffirm this website has to respecting the privacy of our users. We've even had discussions in the past to create one of those geomaps of where everyone is in the world (It's on my list of things to do)

Those icons should be tied with our profiles but I notice that mine is not showing up..hmm....

And now that I look, I'm trying to figure out how you were able to fill out the gender field in your profile because I don't have one... hmmm...

And now that I look, I'm trying to figure out how you were able to fill out the gender field in your profile because I don't have one... hmmm...

You get that option (and the other options like birthday, location etc) with the "other" profile system which appeared after the major upgrade... the non-Community Builder one.... which I can't seem to get to or find anymore. Every profile link now points me to the Community Builder one.

Ah HA! That was the Kunena profile manager and part of the problem so many were having with log ons.

I'll see if I can figure out how to get those options appearing in Community Builder. Thanks again John.

Just outta curiosity, where are you located Moon?
emoticon_confused.gif
I've been trying to guess by following your online status vs probable time zone... Are you somewhere very East of me, kinda like Australia or New Zealand? :idonno

BTW, there's no "gender" space to fill up on my profile either... guess it's a good thimg I had that specified before the migration. ;)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

I"m in the Great State of South Carolina in the good ol' US of A, I think I updated my profile after you instructed us to do so sir...:mpup

"... I think I updated my profile after you instructed us to do so sir...
Still, nothing appears under your avatar... :angry: :hmmm
emoticon_spy.gif

:)

Moon puppy said:
"I'm in the Great State of South Carolina in the good ol' US of A ..."
Of course... how silly of me :pinch: : you hang out with Mike, Chris and some other dudes that I know live in SC!!! Don't know what overcame me this morning... :idonno :blush:

Anywhat, thanks for your support! :dude

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Well if you want to know me better here are some pictures:

This is from last Christmas Eve. Daughter and niece had been playing x-box forever and I thought they needed to get up and do something. :evil:

CrazyAdam.jpg

Here's another shot of me from quite a few years back. And yes I'm a dork!:

crayonhat.jpg

Here's my relatively new modeling area:

bench.jpg

Here is my family from a couple years ago at our old house. We try to have fun.

DSC03110.jpg

Back