• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth's Entry Poll now Closed

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
I found three eligible kits in my stash:

Choice number 1. From these:
A-20_Stash_003.JPG

To this:
A-20GAmorousAmazon417BG.jpg

Choice number 2. From this:
Do-17K_kit_001.JPG

To this:
Bulg_Sharkmouth_Port.jpg

Choice number 3. From this:
mono-5508-a-26k.JPG

To this:
05.jpg

Option one requires a kit-bash, some extensive detailing and custom decals. Option two only requires the sharkmouth be added. Option three requires re-scribing the complete aircraft's panel lines, and finding the decals.

Regards,

Re: Sharkmouth's Entry Poll

I was only testing! LOL

One can change a vote but not withdraw it...

Regards,

Sherman18, go check your Face It gallery... it multiplied~

Regards,

I'm going with the Do-17Ka because you've talked about that one more in the past than any of the others.

Congratulations on your choice Saul :woohoo: You're a man after my own heart. Not afraid to walk a different path....And in my scale as well :D I have been curious about the AV kits and now I get to find out how good/bad they might be. B)

Hey, go for them all :) But, if only one, then go for the NMF A-20

Hey, go for them all :) But, if only one, then go for the NMF A-20

I will eventually build all but... a NMF A-20? The A-26 is in silver dope with shark painting (the whole body actually). The A-20G is in the standard USAAG camouflage of the time, and the cover painting f the Do-17k shows that scheme well enough.

Christian, the D0-17k is from RS Models. I trimmed the box to fit it in the 1/48th scale kit box of Classic Airframes Do-17P.

Regards,

I had voted for the A-20 mainly for selfish reasons...meaning I have one in the stash and wanted to see you work through it first ;)

I think you should go with the one with least number of votes because ....ah well....uh because.
James

All good reasons, but I am itching to start! I need to wait though as I never took the starting photograph with calendar stamp and my camera died. New one is on the way.

I do plan to build all three, but will save one for the Face-It GB (one aircraft and one armor for me).

Regards,

My wife let me borrow her camera (not really good for macro) and I did take photos of all three unbuilt choices under a January 2nd newspaper...

I also took one of my Trumpeter Centauro just in case I get my Sherman done and have time to join in the more than Four Wheelers. Yes, I dream a lot.

Regards,

The entries:
A-20G_Entry.jpg

Do-17K_Entry.jpg

A-26_Entry.jpg

The wife's Nikon Coolpix S70 is not really made for this, but it will do as a header. My Coolpix P100 just came in but needs to have the battery charged.

Come on, keep voting! Which should I start? The first with a dozen wins...

Regards,

Well, in anticipation of the leading kit being the overall winner of the poll, I have pulled one kit of the A-20B/C and the A-20G. I also found a started and abandoned Koster Aero Enterprises vacuum-formed A-20 from which I can take the resin bits, white metal bits, PE, and get ideas for the internal structural details.

In the aftermarket arena, I have one each of Edaurd’s sets for the A-20B/C, A-20G, and A-20 landing gear bay details. I also found only one set of True Details wheels (more like flats with a nice raft), three KMC control surfaces, but I could not find the Engines & Things resin R-2600s. While I have considered Vector’s resin engine, they are expensive so I will wait and see how this build goes. In any case, I removed the engine parts from Accurate Miniature’s B-25B kit.

References come from the internet, Crowood Press’ excellent book, AJ Press’ monograph, a series of articles in the Czech magazine Plastic Kits Revue, a nice build review in Military Model Preview (anyone remember that magazine?), both Squadron inaction books, the Profile, and the Polish Profile (TBiU/Bellona).

I will be making my own sharkmouth with serials from scrap and the cheesecake from the two sheets of decals from Pin Ups Plus I ordered. Also on its way to me are a pair of 50 Cal Master Model barrels in my Sprue Brothers order.

Plenty of work to do…

Regards,

The Poll is now closed, I will build TWO A-20G Havocs, one a G-1-DO for the Bomber Command and a second A-20G-35-DO for the Operation Overlord group builds. Wish me luck and time!

Regards,

Back