• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth A-20G

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
First, I need to get to my A-20 stash:
A-20_Stash.jpg

From memory, I have an Eduard PE Brass Detail set, True Details wheels & raft, Engines & Things resin engines (not so good), and a Koster A-20 from which I plan to steal new propellers.

Some research I did many years ago of course turned out to be wrong...

A-20G01.jpg

Gun Access Panels that I must have seen one time. (rear facing MGs in the nacelles? WHAT was I thinking?)
A-20G02.jpg

Regards,

I am in the mood for some cheesecake:
A-20GAmorousAmazon417BG.jpg

Yet, I really like the G-1 cannon combination and the rockets (which I will take from the Tamiya P-47M kits):
A-20G-1Shark.jpg

Regards,

Just got the bin out:
A-20_Stash_002.JPG

The kits, need to kit-bash a B/C with the G:
A-20_Stash_003.JPG

Inside the G box, it seems I also have Kendall Model Company's A-20 control surfaces:
A-20_Stash_004.JPG

Now to bring the box to a PC or the laptop to it so you can see the date.
:mpup

Regards,

I am waiting for 12 votes or January 31st to begin. This Internet through the Wii console is strange.

OK, I need to take a photo, there isn't a screenshot capability with the Wii controller. Hell, I have to type everything one at a time by pointing at it!

Regards,

With only five days to go, I may need to post this as the header:
A-20G_Entry.jpg

Note that this photo has some Accurate Miniatures B-25B sprues from which I will steal the engines. Don't worry, I will replace them when it is time to build that kit.

Regards,

The wings got some attention. OK, it is the top of the landing gear bays to be exact. The mounting holes were moved forward one quarter inch. The rear was removed and structural details added to the inside of the upper wing as it would be visible.
A-20G_Overlord_Wings.JPG

By the way, I am working on both the Bomber Command A-20G-1-DO and the Operation Overlord A-20G-35-DO at the same time so this post is identical to the other GB.

Not seen here but performed; all control surfaces were removed to be replaced by the KMC resin replacements.

I got disappointed when an order for detail items had to be canceled but I will move on until the items are back in stock.

Regards,

Hubert,

Since this is in American markings, it would be a Havoc and not the Boston.

The R-2600 engine set from Verlinden has two engine fronts, each with PE harness, and one complete R-2600 along with its own harness. Looking at the box top, it seems like only two engines.

VP_001.JPG

They are quite nice but too large, the R-2600 (singular) from the B-25 update set has a smaller diameter and does fit the A-20 model.

Now, the B-25 update set engine is disappointing on two counts; there is only one engine and the casting is sub-par.
VP_002.JPG

The mold seems to have voids which caused resin balls to appear.

I did write to Verlinden Productions about this as I am hoping it is a 'Friday' set. I do hope the update set includes two engines since the B-25 is a twin engined bomber and it would be silly to have one detailed engine only. Also, I do hope for a replacement of this blob infested one.

Regards,

Back