• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkfin B-17

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Starting this over at Swanny's
I've wanted to do one for a long long time. Now that I know how to mess up a Natural Metal Finish I figure this would be a good chance to show off.
B17c000.jpg

B17c001.jpg

More later.

Re: Sharkfin B17

Hey Bob, this one just set my radar off. I have been sitting on one for years. I plan on Brit markings for mine if I ever have the nerves to start it.
I'll be taking notes. :popcorn

Cheers , Christian B)

Very good - I'll be happy to observed your work because from this series I have the SB-17G, which will also be (in the majority) finish in the natural color of metal B)

That's it, Hurbert, i'm down here in the garage trying to figure out what to do. Looking at all I'm suppose to do and what I want to do and can't pick one or the other.

You just made up my mind. B17 inbound! :pilot

It's started... :zen

you know, i'm not going to buy $400. worth of reserach books for this one build. Color callouts say the interior was zinc chromate, I question that based on several books I have read about the early B17s and the aluminum lacquer that was used at times, was ZC used, sure it was. But I don't think it was all inside the cockpit area. That beings said, I've honored the instructions and painted the inside ZC.

Still don't know what scheme I'm going to use. Academy's decals suck.
B17c002.jpg

The red dot on the insignia should touch the inner points of the star. That ain't right. Not sure if i'm going B or C on this, depends on the scheme I end up with.

Can;t find any aftermarket decals so I guess i'm going with the kit scheme. One of the B17s that did the "we can bomb anywhere in the western hemisphere" South American Goodwill tour. No wait..those were YB-17...hmmm, what's up with this?

B17c003.jpg

B17c004.jpg

Back