• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Server drive clean up

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Folks I got a notice from our host that our hard drive is about full. I can upgrade it but it would likely double my monthly charge. I'd rather not do that right now but I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.
I'm going to ask you to go in your old albums and clean out anything that we really don't need. I'm deleting some old ones of users who don't or never did really post, amazing how many uploaded images but never engaged on the forum.
Next step would be delete some old forums but I don't think those really take up much space.
Thanks for cooperating.

And along that line, I've been asked several times about the "Tip Jar" where you can help a brother out. 💵
I have found a payment system that's actually built into our new fangled software we're running. I just got to figure out how to set it up. There will be more on that later.
Thanks Saul!

Same here on the $$. I also just went through and removed a bunch of my Acquisition and other old "not needed anymore" photos.

If I had some sort of access, I could go through and edit super large photo files down in size quite easily which would open up a lot of drive space. Photos uploaded directly from phones and other sources that are not downsized can be huge. I almost always edit mine down and they end up under 300k 80% of the time yet are still quite detailed and viewable.

I can host photos on my own server if that helps rather than dragging and dropping them.
Thanks John, it's whatever is easiest for you. That's the reason I created the gallery/Media thing so folks who didn't have a web server could host images without photobucket or whatever the "free" one is now.

Well we're making progress.
1651196827187.png

I had started deleting some the other day in case you're wondering.

I have 8 pictures in 1 album but they relate to a review i did so it would be a shame to remove them.
Happy to delete some of my builds if that helps or just cough up a few pennies :)

No no Paddy, you leave your stuff where it is. I'm looking at albums that belong to people who never posted or haven't posted in years.
We're under the warning threshold now so good job.

I can go through and delete photos from past shows that I uploaded from some time ago. No need to have those old pics around. I do try to re-size mine to 800 pixels across so that they don't take up much room. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Thank you.

Hey Bob, I don't have a clue about how this works, not even sure if I even have an album on here but if I do feel free to get rid of what you need to cause I couldn't figure out how to 🤭👈🙅

Hey Bob, I don't have a clue about how this works, not even sure if I even have an album on here but if I do feel free to get rid of what you need to cause I couldn't figure out how to 🤭👈🙅
no problem Tim, I'm not getting the warning anymore so we're good. But in cruising the Gallery I did find your old builds. That was worth the effort. :vgood:

Back